Is taxidermy as decor a thing?

So I’ve been looking at hundreds of Airbnbs, trying to sort out my summer. I’ve noticed a couple of things:

People decorate with taxidermy and animal skulls as well as pictures and paintings of animal skulls and stylized animal skulls made out of cardboard or other materials. Is this a new thing? It’s not just a few places I’ve seen with these items, but dozens.

People really seem to like Mrs. Meyers hand soap. I’m estimating 75% of the places I’ve seen, where the hand soap is visible, have that brand. Does Mrs. Meyer have a special discount for Airbnb members?

Knotted curtains: why??

1 Like

Where are you living that you’ve managed to escape the taxidermy trend til now?? I think it’s been going for about a decade, so should be on its way out again pretty soon (good riddance!)

1 Like

Those antlers and skulls are not a new thing but I’m completely over them! Check out the internet - so are many other people. They were ‘cool and trendy’ a few years ago but it seemed that everyone had them so now their popularity is fading away.

Links?

This is hunting country up here…deer heads, antlers, stuffed skunks, never ceases to amaze me. (My job requires me to go into many people’s homes, I have seen it all)

Quote:

‘The faux-antler revival might be so 2005, or just plain off the style mark for many.’

The second one is tasteful. That first one is bizarre.

@brook LoL
Stuffed Skunk? You sure is not a badger or something slightly more interesting than a skunk?

@Mearns, I know a skunk when I see one :slight_smile:

My eyes!!!
Seriously though, it’s all kinds of bad feng shui to be having dead or fascimile dead animals as decor.

Omg this is hilarious I know the host of the first listing, small world! I’ll just say this decor is just very Williamsburg hipster, it’s nothing to worry about spreading all over the world haha.

Really, a skunk? OMG.

It’s still in but it’s not my cup of tea

check out this mid to higher end decor company here in the UK

https://www.oliverbonas.com/homeware/category/wall-art/walnut-deer-head-31455

I’ve seen that very one in several listings. I can’t remember where. Maybe Shanghai???[quote=“Kirsty_Jane, post:14, topic:4860, full:true”]
It’s still in but it’s not my cup of tea

check out this mid to higher end decor company here in the UK

https://www.oliverbonas.com/homeware/category/wall-art/walnut-deer-head-31455
[/quote]