Is a full size bed too small for two people these days?

That’s my plan at this point. See how it goes but be upfront with what is offered.

The problem here is terminology. In the UK we offer double beds as standard. I wouldn’t know what a ‘full size bed’ refers to.

My 6’ 2" sons sleeps in it and has no problem.

In your situation, particularly as you have had dogs sleeping in it. I would look at changing the matress and keeping the bed.

2 Likes

It is an interesting journey, that’s for sure! You’ll meet so many interesting people!

Will you be hosting in your home?

My place is kind of unique in that it was a commercial building built in the 1940’s then converted to a residence about 15 years ago. I moved my business here after 35 years of renting an office and live here now, as well. It is working out great for me.

2 Likes

I don’t think it is demanding or fussy to want a queen, when that is the norm in the hotels I choose to not stay in! And I must day, these fussy expectant travelers pay my mortgage…

Vintage is fine, just not with mattresses. Even if you already had a queen, I would change it out for another, if only for the dog hair and people skin stuff… As far as size goes, I could sleep on a full in a pinch, but if I was traveling, I would avoid full size beds…

me too. I wont book a queen only King.

1 Like

Unfortunately this will impact on bookings significantly. It’s nice to think you’re being kind but overwhelmingly, twin beds are not want travelling parties want. I had two beds and the moment I switched to a double, bookings went through the roof. There are far more travelling couples than travelling friends, far more singles who enjoy a larger bed, and far more travelling friends happy to share than couples willing to sleep separate.

4 Likes

I get a mix of couples, relatives, and friends of all combinations. I have room for a king sized bed but two guys or two girls traveling together are unlikely to want to sleep together, likewise a mother and son, likewise a grandfather and granddaughter, etc. I have had couples who really prefer separate beds who even push them apart. I guess to each his own.

1 Like

We also have two twin beds. We’ve had countless sets of travelers who are traveling together, but aren’t a couple: siblings, parents/children, friends, colleagues. We’ve had over 400 guests. Only one couple complained that they were unhappy that we had two twin beds instead of one larger bed. On the other hand, we’ve gotten many bookings because we have two separate beds. When we have a couple, we tie the bedframes together with velcro strips.

We offer a full/double/4x6 bed for two.
We clearly list is as a ( full/double/4x6 bed). We go further to say some couples may find it doesn’t suit them.
No couples that stayed have ever complained, and our reviews are good.
As long as you describe the thing up front in a clear way, guests take it into account when booking.
A bigger bed then what we have in there may not fit well in that room

1 Like