Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Is a channel manager really necessary?

Hello everyone!!

I have my own vacation rental agency managing currently 36 units. Where we are(Southern Europe) around 96% bookings come from either Airbnb.com or Booking.com. Therefore I only use those two platforms. To not get overbookings I have been using the channel manager (Lodgify). However it’s quite expensive, and even though I know it has a lot more features other than the channel manager but that’s the only one use. That being said I’m considering to stop using a channel manager and just synchronize both calendars; Airbnb and Booking.com. However I am afraid I may get overbookings, which can be quite expensive. I have been told after synchronizing calendars when you get a booking the dates won’t be canceled on the other platforms right away and it takes a while. Can anyone please give feedback? Thanks guys!! :slight_smile:

It’s not an immediate synch therefore possibility of double booking.

Is a channel manager really necessary?

In this scenario, yes.

JF

Thanks John!! Do you know how long it takes? Channel managers are not 100% immediate either and I actually got an overbooking not long ago as it refreshes every 90-120 seconds. If the synchronization with no CM takes that time it would make no sense for me whatsoever to pay for it. It’s over 200 euro expense a month.

Best.

With an XML connection they are generally immediate.

JF

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!