Irrate guest over cancellation fee...Has the climate of AirBnb booking guests changed?

That’s so kind of you to say! Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I thought they implemented that change some time ago?
Ah, I just checked and it’s only the option to withhold details during the free 48 hour cancellation period.

1 Like

Hang on. I thought the host sends the guest the host’s address. Are you saying Airbnb does?

That is correct @faheem. At least in the US and as far as I know, UK. As soon as a guest books an Airbnb, they are given the address of the property. If you’ve been going out of your way all this time to send them your address, you can skip that step. :wink:

1 Like

Huh, that’s news to me. I could ask for confirmation/clarification from Airbnb, I suppose. But it doesn’t really make any difference to me. I still need to send guests my guest guide, which contains my address, directions and landmarks, and contact information, and I currently do so immediately after I accept the booking. It might make a difference if I started sending the information later, but I don’t have any plans to do that.

I don’t think they get it until the free 48-hr cancellation period has passed. In my case I get lots of bookings within 48 hours so yes some get it as soon as they book.

Airbnb does include the address in their links. I have an airbnb stay coming up and I got an email about a week and a half before the stay and the address is right there in the email. However, most guests see the message thread when they log into Airbnb and it’s not right there on that page. As a consequence some guests message me asking for the address.

Airbnb includes the address information in the itinerary, but not all guests know where to get to the itinerary or bother to click on it or know that there is an itinerary.
How else would guests know where to find the host. :wink:

I usually send a link in the message thread from the browser, on the app it is not easily achieved and cumbersome.

2 Likes

Airbnb releases it to the guest…yes!

The choice is yours, as Airbnb is going to release it anyway once the guest is confirmed. I’ve just spent three weeks dealing with this so I know it to be true (at this time).

It is released in Canada too