Introduction Post

Hi,

My name is Jake, I hosted over the past year in Lake Placid, NY and really enjoyed the experience and had some decent success income wise. I have since moved to Atlanta, GA and currently renting a 1 bedroom, so I cannot host for the time being, but would like to again when I have a place of my own in a good location. I have some questions I’d like to ask some experienced hosts, especially those in Atlanta (because its quite different from Lake Placid), but for now just wanted to say hello. I look forward to chatting,

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome, @Jamiter.

Interestingly, I’ve just had a booking from a couple from Atlanta, GA myself! :smile:

1 Like

So nice to have you introduce yourself. Welcome! I’m not in Atlanta but if your questions are not location specific I’ll try to be helpful!

1 Like

Hello everyone. My name is Regina and i am preparing an airbnb comdo in Waco Texas. The location will be good, I hope…its 6 blocks from Fixer Uppers Magnolia Market. And from what I can tell there is only one other location downtown which appears to be an airbnb rental while school is out. Baylor University is not far from downtown so I’m guessing it belongs to a student or teacher. I’m super excited to get this going but a little nervous all in the same breath.i am from Waco and live in the Houston area. Hoping I can make some money so I can move back home some day.
I hope this is the right place to introduce yourself. If not, I apologize. I have a lot to learn about using a computer before I’m up and running. I’m hoping to use the smart home app for locking and unlocking my condo from afar. I live about 3 hours away from my property.
I’m so glad I found this forum because I have a feeling I’m gonna have questions. I’ve already learned a few things reading the post and comments. Thanks to all!

3 Likes

Maybe this can be the intro place! Welcome to all the new members! :grin:

1 Like

Hi! Do you have anybody in Waco as an emergency backup if something happens? When I was away from my rental I had a cleaning person who also acted almost like a property manager. She welcomed guests and I put her name on the guest guide as an emergency contact. Her cleaning fees were a bit high so I only used her when I absolutely needed to, but it was good knowing that somebody was just a few minutes away if there was any major issue. She was recommended to us by other hosts in the area, maybe you can find a similar person in Waco.

2 Likes

Actually I do but I’m still working on all those details. And concerned about being so far away. Since I’m originally from Waco up until the last 8 yrs…i have family and friends who have offered to help. But I really think finding someone who actually does this and has experience would be my best bet.
Thank you for bringing up such an important topic. I do need a plan

Sorry if I commented in the wrong place. Forums ate new to me also

Oh wow, thank you. That would be very helpful. I haven’t gotten to that part yet.