International Texting/Nonresponsive Guests

Yeah I can’t trust them to self check in in my home.

1 Like

I much prefer to greet guests whenever possible but if guests are arriving on a late flight, I don’t want to mess up my evening waiting for them. But it does mean that they can arrive in the early hours, if necessary.

1 Like

If I had a separate rental I would definitely do that. Here’s to the future …

2 Likes

Update: I finally got a communication from the guest. Yay! I got the names of all the adults on the reservation. Now I have a new interesting situation. One of the guests, after a little Facebook stalking, lives about 10 miles away in the next town. The other three are definitely from Spain, just a little puzzled by the local one. Curiouser and curiouser. I think we will be meeting these guests in person. We usually do self check in, but occasionally we meet the guests ourselves, if it seems warranted.

Why don’t they want to host the Spanish ones? Be clear about quiet times, visitors, check out tidying up etc… Sounds like a possible party to me.

1 Like

It could be. Just one of the many possibilities and why we are actually going to meet these guests in person. I know we cannot always judge a book by its cover, but the person doing the actual booking appears to be of a more responsible age, late 30s early 40s. Time will tell. The neighbors are aware that it is an Airbnb house, and next-door is happy to tell us if there’s any problems. Actually they were pretty happy to tell us that they have seen no problems since we started in May.