Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Instant book - direct text lowers response rate/time?

Do you respond to Instant Book guests via text or via the Airbnb messaging system at first? For Instant Book reservations I see the guests phone # immediately & usually I text them directly as soon as I get the booking. But would sidestepping the Airbnb messaging system decrease my response rate/time?

I can’t say for sure, but I would think so. Airbnb has no record of the communication if you simply text the guest, phone to phone.

I think that once the reservation has been accepted - even though it’s automatic - that counts as a response.

1 Like

No instant booking is good for response rate and time. Unless you have a good reason to do so (like your guests are on the road with cell service but no wi-fi) I’d keep the messages on the AirBnB system in case there is a problem.

1 Like

Lots of issues when you don’t communicate with guests via the Air messaging system. Keep all you communication within Air…

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!