Inquiry today - a woman objected to a $20 extra person charge

I have a similar price structure, the base price is for first 2 and then extra for additional people. The funny thing is that I have subconsciously made the ‘extra people’ price less and less attractive in the last year, because I rather have only 2 stay at my place anyway, since is always exponentially lower-maintenance and much easier.

What utter rubbish . Id like to see her have 2 in her home for the cost of one. I refuse to have kids + i charge per person. + i say to guests i give 18 hours a day accommodation but i expect 8 hours a day to myself to run my office.
Just because you have a guest doesn’t mean they can take over your entire home and life.
To hell with her-- She was just being a bitch simply.
Dont give her another thought- Take Care

1 Like

I charge extra for a second person - and I am not sure how this will go as I am new at hosting in my house (private room). I usually travel alone and would prefer paying a little less even though most places charge me the same rate as a couple. I am sure it will offend some but single travelers may appreciate the lower rate.

3 Likes

In ireland, you charge per person, just makes more sense. I have 2 twins and each person pays for their bed, with clean sheets, fresh bath towel and their proportion of treats in the room an breakfast. Have put two children into a bed and not charged for either but I like children but don’t tell anyone I do that.

1 Like