Inquiry info is not accurate

If the number of guests are incorrect on the inquiry what would you do with it? Do you decline the inquiry (don’t know if I would lose the guest) or accept but put the conditions in the message? Telling them I will accept this for two people but if you have a one year old we will need to add the baby as a guest.

Iron out the details BEFORE you accept, otherwise you will be in hot water with Air if you decide to cancel because the guests aren’t being cooperative/easy to deal with.

3 Likes

I don’t accept or decline inquiries…only reply to them.

4 Likes

If it’s an inquiry or request you can send a special offer and add a guest. If they accept fine, if they decline you don’t have to do anything.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/35/how-do-i-send-a-guest-a-special-offer?topic=223

5 Likes

Hi @Rebecca1,

This has happened to me once, but it was a booking request. In that case, I told him to fix/change it. He wasn’t thrilled by this, and complained he couldn’t figure out the Airbnb system. He also asked me if he could pay the difference in cash. I said no. Apart from being messy, it would have been a violation of the terms of service. My recommendation is - don’t do anything on your side - have them fix the problem.

If they don’t fix it, and it is a booking request rather than an inquiry and time is running out, decline. If it is just an inquiry, you don’t have to do anything.

ADDENDUM: @Maggieroni’s suggestion is probably better. If you want to help them out, send them a special request, which looks the way it should be. Then all they have to do is accept it.

1 Like

Yes. It was a booking request so i was hesitant to just let the timer keep ticking sinve we were on different time zones. I took @Maggieroni s suggestion and sent a special offer. Charged him for the baby but gave him 15 dollars off for a 5 night stay…peanuts. He had no issue with it so it worked out to be fair. Thank you for your input. So helpful!

2 Likes

That’s why we get the big bucks! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

sometimes ‘lol’ means LITERALLY Laughing out Loud!!!

OK, more of a chuckle, but still!!

1 Like