InnClusive launch soon

FYI - In the case of both Innclusive and MisterB&B I can’t make my listing active until they support syncing with a Google calendar. I just don’t have time to add all my dates to multiple calendars manually.

It’s October according to an email I received.

To be clear: no referral is required to become an Innclusive host. You just need to be welcoming to black, latino and LGBTQ guests.

2 Likes

I have, many, many times, and in all their formats – directly to CS, via their Facebook page, via phone conversations, via flagging that b**** host’s “new” listing in Santa Margherita. I just think they don’t give a crap.

3 Likes

They do not (give a crap)!

1 Like

I loved that part of signing up on Innclusive!

4 Likes

Hi @Sarah_Warren,

There are a bunch of these rental sites. What makes InnClusive special? And it looks like the web site isn’t functional yet, so I may have to wait to find out.

2 Likes

October 2016. No referral required.

Boy, they really, and I mean, REALLY copied Air’s site. I find that a little disheartening.

4 Likes

I was able to sync my calendars. They must have recently updated that.

They haven’t launched, yet, so they have the HUGE opportunity of doing it right – especially with our help :wink:

2 Likes

They are not aiming to be that different, just inclusive of black, brown, LGBTQ guests.

Not necessarily. As long as they don’t end it there. To quote someone (possibly Picasso)

Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal

Both Bach and Shakespeare borrowed wholesale. To quote just two examples.

And Airbnb does have some good innovations.

2 Likes

It isn’t that ethical to copy someone else’s User Interface design without credit or payment. I would have liked them to try a little harder.

1 Like

It’s in response to the #airbnbwhileblack tweets in particular. When you sign up, you agree to be inclusive of all. It looks like they’re taking the time to build a good site and fix the bugs before launching. I’m not sure if it will be better/worse, but if they can fix what is wrong with Air I’d prefer to be listed on several different sites. ESPECIALLY if they are marketing to people who have decided to not use air because of discriminating hosts.

3 Likes

I agree. But it’s still being worked on, so when they do the real launch where people can book, maybe they’ll have updated some wording. It’s only the bare-bone stuff that is a true copy/paste job. The stuff that is fleshed out is different.

kevin@innclusive.com - if you want to email Innclusive.

It is not the wording I am talking about - the design, the user interface, the user experience. I know you’re stumping for all us to join, but you need not be an apologist for them. It is unethical in the web world to copy another design so closely. It just is. And it does NOT speak well for Innclusive right out of the gate. Don’t be blinded by a few inclusive phrases.

6 Likes

Wimdu is also similar. Plus, I can never remember their name – must be based off a non-English word.

1 Like

I’m not stumping for them. I’m just excited about other options out there and thought I would share. Are people that talk about Wimdu, VRBO, Flipkey, whatever stumping? Since it’s still in the works, we may actually get the chance to have concerns we have with Air addressed. This is another opportunity to get my listing seen by people who are currently turned off by Air. Why not get excited?

2 Likes