Ink remover... Am I the last to know?!?!?!

One of my recent guests, got pen ink on the sheets. A real nice perfectly round dark spot the size of a dime. They are Costco sheets, Charisma, so they are not expensive and they weren’t new, so we settled on $20 to put towards replacing them. The stained sheets have already been washed several times, without any attempt to treat the stain. Later, I started to wonder if there is anything to get ink out of sheets, so I Googled it and the top result was to use alcohol based hand sanitizer… Figuring that I had nothing to loose, I bought a bottle and went to work. - My advice, if you find yourself trying this, tie off the section that needs to be treated and put the rest inside a plastic bag, so that you won’t spread it, because once the sanitizer hits the sheets, it starts to dissolve the ink - rapidly!!! I wound up having to clean up more than the original spot. I started the process a couple of hours ago, apply, soak, rub, rinse, repeat. The spot is nearly gone. I am going to leave it over night and then wash tomorrow. I’m pretty happy with the result so far. I have a duvet cover that still has an old ink stain from another guest a couple of years ago. I’m going to try to cleaning that next!

What have you got to loose? Try it!

4 Likes

Rub alcohol on it and then soak it with more rubbing alcohol. If you don’t have rubbing alcohol, then use hair spray.

2 Likes

No hairspray? Use vodka or gin; but never Scotch or Bourbon!

5 Likes

Interesting. I’m going to try it on an old barn paint stain on our duvet cover.

Yes, I know, how did THAT happen? Mr Joan, a paint spray, barn paint and carelessness…

1 Like

But it’s okay to drink the Scotch or Bourbon while using the vodka, gin or hairspray… to clean the sheets - yes?

1 Like

Drink the bourbon, clean with the gin :wink:

If you don’t want to spend money, or prefer to keep your vodka/gin/bourbon/scotch for boozing purposes, then ink stains can sometimes be removed by soaking the item in milk. Common or garden milk out of the fridge.

1 Like