Infant, toddler, child?

What if you don’t decline, let the time run out. Then manually unblock the dates.

It was a request, not an inquiry, so then I’d lose my superhost status

I always have moms who ask me if we have a Pack’N’Play style crib, which are popular in the US. I don’t even charge extra for children. We cater mostly to families, and are a traveling family ourselves. I just treat them exactly how I wish to be treated as a stressed out mom/dad traveling with screaming children who just need a diaper change and nap. I get so much business from word of mouth it’s crazy. Families will always come back to where they know is safe and accommodating.

Many hosts will not agree with me on this, but it’s just how we operate.

We also supply booster seats, tons of play things, and I have a garbage bag of stuffies and children’s books, I pop in the unit if I know a family with small children will be there. Automatic 5 star review.

That’s outrageous of them; both the potential guests and Airbnb. It’s supposed to be your house and your rules.

I know. I was so angry at the time, and I immediately called them to be told they’d look into it and get back to me. Nobody ever did, and to be honest I had a lot else going on at that time and didn’t really have the time/energy to pursue it.

I do understand that. We also provide some extra stuff for families with baby and children free of charge. Just to provide service. Just don’t like some of the parents use kids as their excuses to be rude and feel like because of they have kids they entitle to everything attitude.
A bag of toys is a great idea :slight_smile:

Totally, and some families just can’t be pleased. I find through personal experience, that it is not an issue with the rental itself, but usually something along the lines of a new parent still adjusting to being a parent. I get that too, I’ve been there. It may have been the hardest transition in my life. To deal with these people, I just ‘kill them with kindness’.

I love kids and babies, and seeing them at my places always brightens my day. Glad to see other hosts out there who cater to families!