Increasing value for guests

All you can say to a person like that is, “Bless your heart.”

10 Likes

Oh yeah, everyone loves the free stuff, but some travellers might feel able to mark such generous hosts down a bit, as the hosts have been so so friendly and generous and helpful and in the end, servant like :slight_smile: It seems to be a human response, that you love it, but may not respect it

2 Likes

Interesting point! I’ve had the thought before that I want to strike the right balance between “luxury house” and “hotel” for fear that if it comes off too “hotel” people will be more disrespectful.

1 Like

This!! My credo. And it is working. Price seems no object. We have 13 bookings ( many one nighters )

1 Like

When I was a flight attendant and had domestic layovers at Double Tree hotels, it was such a treat to get a big chocolate chip cookie : ) It’s the little things that sometimes make a stay memorable.

1 Like

Thinking about switching an expensive bottle of Chardonnay in the fridge instead of a dirt cheap one see if anybody likes that. Amazing how long it sits there…Btw won’t drink it meself, we like the Cab.
I started with handwritten welcome cards, but have not done that for awhile. Maybe I will start that up again. Got some Nutella treat in the fridge too, seems to be unpopular. It’s so hot can’t put much out on the tables.

I was just wondering if you tell them there’s something in the fridge for them. Perhaps they don’t realize it’s for them.

Yes I give them lots of verbal and written info about the supplies available. And show them. I do not highlight or write about the existence of the vino.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a godsend for those scuffs!!!

1 Like

One thing we have that hasn’t been mentioned is our guide for the area. It’s extensive and folks mention it frequently in our reviews. I think it really helps with the perceived value and it doesn’t cost much other than the time to put it together and keep it updated.

This time I didn’t anonymize the offending party …
giggling

1 Like

Magic eraser would probably take those marks off, they don’t need to be painted. I interestingly don’t get a lot of luggage damage. Many of my guests aren’t bringing in a big roller bag. Sometimes they just have a relatively small backpack. Of course I also get the folks who seemingly unload every single thing in their car into the Airbnb room and I wonder where they put it all and still have room to move.

1 Like

I just find it amusing because it is an official VRBO training video.

2 Likes

I want to send the host of this otherwise adorable listing a can of touch up appliance paint. I thought it was a dead rat until I zoomed and decided it’s probably just a scuff that could so easily be covered up with a spritz of spray enamel.
what%20is%20it

2 Likes

That looks worse than a scuff. Is that on a mini fridge? And what’s that chain?

But regardless of what it is if it’s on metal it can probably be scraped or sanded off and the top repainted. If it needs to be filled in there’s epoxy clay that can be used, then sand and paint.

Let’s message her. LOL.

2 Likes

It’s a full size fridge. The photo is taken from
a loft looking down. The chain is a light fixture.

1 Like

Or a wicker basket or something at least.

1 Like

Why would she even post that picture on her listing?

2 Likes

It’s the top of the fridge. She probably forgot about it/didn’t see it/doesn’t care. It’s easier to find that stuff in other people’s photos than in your own.

4 Likes

To be fair, It is a wide shot of a large space that I have cropped all the context out of. Regardles, my eye went straight to the “dead rat” shape in the room.

@JJD it’s true that it is easier to see these things in other people’s photos. It is also easier to see them in your own photos after you have put 1000 miles of Interstate 10 between your Nikon and the subject space, edited, and published them online. :rofl:

3 Likes