"Incorrect Address" Feedback

I had two different groups of guests recently rate me 3/5 for accuracy and location, and click the “incorrect address.” They wrote a private comment about how it was hard to get around my neighborhood during the snowstorm we had in Seattle. I was frustrated too because we lost bus service and I was trapped at home too unless I wanted to walk or hail an Uber on surge pricing.

This feedback is only visible on the app. I’ve never left less than a 5-star review when I’ve been a guest, but I presume you can click some canned reasons for your less-than-5-star rating.

Does anyone know if I’ll be flagged as a fake listing since two guests clicked “incorrect address” recently?

I don’t know what I’m worried about! I flag fake listings and they stay up.

Why would they say that?

I had the issue with a new listing in December that Airbnb (probably because they are a US co.) had put the address in in a format that we don’t use here and the guests couldn’t find the place. I had to call them as you can’t alter an address when you have a reservation.

I have phoned them for all my places and dictated how the address is to be written in a very clear format so that guests from all countries can understand it. I also add the google maps link to the itinerary, the check in section and in the message I send on the morning of check in but still last week I had a guest going where is it?? Seriously!

1 Like

Oh I feel your frustration, our 2 Airbnb properties are located in a part of town where the house numbers do not go in sequence, 50 and 51 are side by side with 28 across the street from it. And if you use GPS you have to put in the address in such a manner otherwise it won’t show up. I used to get dinged for location/accuracy until I found the easiest way to properly show the address. Some times it just takes a bit of playing around with it to get a good fit.

1 Like

I also understand your frustration! I live in a small tourist town in Ireland and my house does not have a house number, just a ‘name’. I give very detailed directions to the house and include pictures of the front of my home as well as the house directly in front of mine. I also stress how important our postal code is as it is assigned to each residential and business address…if they put in my postal code to Google maps, it will pinpoint the exact house.

Arghhh! Yes, guests who don’t follow our very specific instructions in a short message NOT to use our postcode and their GPS or they will end up 3 miles away as our postcode covers a wide area. I ask them to get the map and the short video of how to get here up in their phone earlier in the day when they have WiFi, or even while they are still at home. Works most of the time. We have many visitors from mainland Europe and the Far East, some of whom don’t understand much English so I use wonderful Google translate to make sure they get the instructions in their language.

1 Like

I don’’t get why they put incorrect address? I must not be understanding something in your post.

I’m not sure why the guests clicked “wrong address,” but two recently did and both wrote something along the lines of the neighborhood too hard to navigate during our snow storms. I have never left less than five stars when leaving a review as a guest, but I presume guests are prompted to click some keywords to explain why they left less than five stars in a certain category. I got one the other day that said: Accuracy 4/5, Areas to Improve: Photographs.

Why someone would click wrong address when they were unhappy the bus wasn’t running, I don’t know. Something about the review interface must have prompted it.

This is what I’m seeing on the app. I think guests can click keywords for “things to improve.”

Oh I see. Does seem strange that they’d click incorrect address, but who knows what guests are thinking?!!

It does! The fact that both of my snowed-in guests happened to click Wrong Address to express displeasure with my location is curious. It makes me think the review system prompted them to click it.

1 Like

I keep on reading reviews of updated versions of the google map app, and how it sends people to wrong addresses in the most complicated way possible. Is it possible that your address might have fallen into this black hole of google maps?

Unlikely so in my case. Both guests wrote why they rated the location and accuracy down in the private feedback, due to the buses not running during the snow. I just don’t understand why they’d click wrong address but they must have been prompted to.

@Xena I would just ask them why they said the address was incorrect.

1 Like