Important news for hosts: scientific evidence on the superiority of the kettle

You can’t do that. You have to compare this thread to the other threads. I did a great job. I’ve done more for this forum than anyone except maybe Abraham Lincoln. *

*joke based on the current US president

4 Likes

You can order kits online. Yes, they stand up to high winds- it’s a matter of how strong the pulley hooks are and what you are screwing them into. We get high winds here during rainy season, and my line stays intact. The spacer bar, which has two little wheels on it that ride along the line might blow off, but I always throw that in the clothespin bag anyway when I take in the laundry.

BTW, that’s not my place- I got the photo online.

@KKC I hope you don’t mind if your bigliest, most beautiful post ever, segued into clotheslines?

6 Likes

Is there a name of any sort? It somehow reminds me of the zipwire in the local kids’ playground.

Sorry @KKC

Now you’re talking!

What’s the news on Trump’s tax returns? I saw something ,very briefly, that he delays, and delays, and delays.

Oh no. All the finest posts careen off topic!

3 Likes

Well —I’m going to brew a cup of coffee using my keurig, wrinkle my nose at the thought of breakfast tea, and declare my way of doing things as perfect, the best anyone, many anyone’s, have ever done.

4 Likes

Many people are saying it.

1 Like

Just for the sheer, provocative devilment of the matter…

2 Likes

OMG. Don’t tell me those are throw pillows!

2 Likes

You also don’t have to buy a kit, there are youtube videos on making your own, as long as the separate parts are available in your area.

3 Likes

Yup. Himself bought them to throw on the floor, the wooden one that I get to (try) and keep clean.

1 Like

Looks like what I’ve seen in old photos/movies of clothes lines in urban areas from the 1950’s and older, where the line is stretched between two multi-story buildings.

2 Likes

An Australian reporter!

Yes, I think they’re kind of old-fashioned, although you see them a lot in Canada. So many people just use a dryer now that clotheslines have gone out of fashion and in a lot of places they are deemed “unsightly” and against bylaws. Personally I love the sight of clothes flapping on a line in the breeze and they end up smelling so nice.

1 Like

And at the beginning of Sesame Street too :slight_smile: Actually, I saw those types IRL in the Bronx only a couple years ago.

1 Like

Adding it to the to-do list! Thank you. Actually, probably adding it to the honey-do list, I have too big a list already :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m crying here I’m laughing so hard. I have an electric kettle (she typed, hoping to fan the flames)

4 Likes

I grew up with these in NY. My German-born aunt uses them still.

1 Like

Don’t say that in the Northeast from the 60s onwards. People either had stovetop or electric kettles

1 Like

Coffee should be worth a couple of months. :wink:

2 Likes