Implications of guest using host postal address for tax purposes and bank account (without permission)

Hey I´m fascinated with this thread and this community. I was looking for help for this issue and I´m amazed at all the responses. Not only really useful and interesting read, but found a very interesting community.
Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome and thank you.

1 Like

There is that tv programme, cant pay we take it away. I think its high court sherrifs who can enter your property without asking. They get a rite from the high court , no notice given and unless payment is given, they remove assets. Some wasters but also some genuine people throw out with an hours notice.

It’s still possible if the guest put your name on the letter and c/o [their name]. If I were to send a letter to myself using your address it’d be like.

Eberhard Blocher c/o Wurstbnb

Then it will arrive in your mailbox.

My house rules state:

Guests may not receive mail or packages at our address, or give it to anyone who might mail anything to our address, including for voter registration, for a driver’s license, or to obtain any government benefits. Any mail or packages addressed to guests that are delivered to the house will be returned to the sender marked “Unknown at this address”.

My only exception was when I had an off-season off-Air 3 month booking for a temp X-Ray tech and allowed him to have ONLY his radiation detection badges mailed here.

I manage a friend’s 4 room rooming house when he’s a wintertime snowbird, and dealing with all the mail for folks that no longer live there is a real pain.