I'm not saying that people don't read but

Haha Jeff, I’m in South Florida. I suppose that some would say (PR people probably) that it is a sort of riviera. ‘Venice of America’ is what we are sometimes called. :sun_with_face:

Ah … Ft Lauderdale. Yeah I would expect the very expensive 3 story private homes to have elevators. Then again, they don’t have apts on the 3rd floor.

Pretty area to visit. My folks are down your way.

I’ve been here for 25 years now - nearly 26 - and I love it. I hope you get the chance to visit your folks from time to time and get some sunshine. :sun_with_face:

I try to visit them every month. Love that Publix fried chicken …

1 Like

You’re talking to a vegetarian here. :rofl:

But you never know, we might bump into each other in Publix one day - that’s where I often shop.

I didn’t know houses were built with elevators in South Florida. I guess I learn something new everyday.

Yes most of the more costly houses that have three floors do. In fact, I’m sure I remember once going to an open house where there was an elevator in a house with only two storeys. Toooo lazy…

I’ve seen two single family NYC brownstones with elevators from the garden level up, but I don’t know how many floors, not more than three though.

But these sound like single-family houses and not multi-apartment homes that are being put up on Airbnb, as @adrienne12 mentioned,

You have to remember that well off seniors are a huge part of the Florida home sales market, and that many of them are thinking ahead when buying a retirement home. If it’s not step free or doesn’t have an elevator, seniors will buy elsewhere.

A lot of people do not read all the details we provided and always going easily … asking and asking… :slight_smile:

I just returned from a trip to San Francisco. Stayed in two different Victorians, one had an elevator, one did not. The AirBnB that did not have an elevator did include the words “walk up” and “three flights of stairs” in the description. I believe it also mentioned “no elevator”.

3 Likes

I’m sure that’s the case in many areas of Florida. Not here though. Older people tend to move to cities that are more west of us because property prices are cheaper and there are whole areas of condos where the old folks get everything done for them - maintenance and so on - as part of their condo fees. They like this stability and also the fact that because they are further away from the ocean, hurricanes and severe weather is less likely to bother them.

In the area where I live, the average home buyer is much younger as this area has plenty of bars, clubs, restaurants and so on. Lots going on.

Increasingly, more and more real estate agents report that they have more gay clients than ever before, a lot of single people and there’s also a steady number of people buying second homes.

Sometimes I think I’m the oldest person who lives here, :crazy_face:

Cats are a gift from God.

1 Like