IKEA duvet / pillowcase question

I used to travel with my own pillowcases and a flat sheet. After seeing this thread I’m going back to doing that …

I will always remember a place I stayed in Lyon where the sheets had clearly been used for a number of guests (there were crumbs in the bed!) and everything stank. They still stank after the sheets had been changed and it turned out the pillows were greasy with body oils from your head and hair which had built up over years.

Personally I chuck my pillows out every 2 years and I double pillow case them to try to keep them as clean as possible in between washes. Same with the actual duvet.

Yes you wash the duvet cover and pillow cases every time!!

I was not questioning the washing, as I have been washing EVERYTHING and am just looking for ways to minimize this.

I think that my ‘takeaway’ is that perhaps less decorative pillowing will ultimately be less work as well as more hygienic. Additionally, washing merely decorative items accelerates wear on said items.

The problem is @rolf pillowcases are not seen a decorative just because they match and are colourful. There were no decorative items on the picture you posted, merely a bed with matching pillowcases and duvet cover.

1 Like

We get the duvet protectors from www.outofeden.co.uk

1 Like