If you think Air CS is bad

I just had a booking enquiry for 2 weeks in February at top price through HomeAway. The guest mentioned there was no cancellation policy. I pre-approved the booking and went looking for how to set the CP (they changed from Stayz in Australia last year so it hadn’t been updated to one of their policies). I tried cancelling the pre-approval and resending it but to no avail. I rang up the HA CS and was told that it would take 4-24 hours to update and there was nothing I could do but ask the customer to send another booking request when it had. Nothing. Given it was for a doctor and his family doing locum work I am guessing they will have sent out multiple requests and will book elsewhere. I find the HA booking system to be horrendous but still better that Stayz was. You basically work out what a button really does by pressing it and see. And bad luck if you can’t get a re do for 4-24 hours.

The messages take for ever to come through and you look non responsive because of it.

Annoying then that they show a clock that tells you the exact time to the second that you haven’t responded by.

We just received a gift box from them for Xmas thanking us for being exceptional partners! Did you?

I get just enough bookings from them to not leave but not so many that I am happy when them. I think the feeling is mutual. So, no, no gifts from either side this year.

Most of my bookings are from airbnb so I was surprised about the gift as well.

1 Like