IB, Requests, Inquiries, and MY CAT >rant<

I would just stop saying that the cat is not allowed in the room, this may fix the problems you are having…

Then I have to answer “Does the cat sleep in the guest room?” Perhaps that’s the answer: “Cat owns the house, does not sleep in guest room.” Not that anyone will read…

I had to pump up my disclaimers after several IBs/inquiries with requests like: “Do you think you could just do an extra-thorough cleaning so my partner won’t be bothered by her severe dog allergies?” Umm, no. I have dogs in and out of my rental all the time, and I am NOT gonna be responsible for anyone’s anaphylactic shock!

2 Likes

/
Aren’t people insane? “I could go into anaphylactic shock because of allergic reactions to your >insesrt pet/shrubbery/location/pool salts…” but I insist on booking and you can’t turn me away."

Ummmm… yes, yes I can boot your butt from my listing and report you to AirBnB…

And they wonder why I talk about reaching for the gin bottle so often.

2 Likes

Nice looking cats!
We are going to be guests at an Air that has cats photos # 34, #43, I think I am going to bring them a cat toy:)

3 Likes

I have found that many people who say they are allergic to cats, aren’t. They sneezed once around a cat and have now declared themselves allergic. Someone who TRULY has a severe allergy to cats or dogs is not going to book a place with animals. Considering that a pet could trigger anaphylactic shock in a person who does have severe allergies, I believe they watch for pets and such and avoid those places. A friend of mine is allergic to cats and has a cat – in fact, we became friends when she adopted this cat, then a kitten, from me. She has allergies but it is important enough for her to have pets that she gets allergy shots.
I always look for places with pets when I search out an AirBnB – so I won’t be missing my own so much!

Judy

4 Likes

What a lovely gesture!! I know that Bella would love to have a guest bring her a new toy. So thoughtful!

What a beautiful cat…guests should be honoured to share a space with this beauty :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you! @Debthecat’s MauMau is even more beautiful than my Pesky Paws. I love the breed - they’re like tiny little people in gorgeous spotted coats.

3 Likes

@casailinglady @Debthecat Give me ALLL the cat hair, I would love to be able to stay somewhere with such gorgeous Bengal kitties! :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

If they bring B. a toy, it better be a tough one!! Bella is so playful, but most toys don’t last more than an hour. She’s 1 in this photo, now 8… :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Oh that face!!! I’d be on the floor playing with B.

defiantly a challenge with even beautiful cat
I suggest add cat on pictures ( may be 3 -4 image on your listing descriptions Thats eliminate people you didn’t need
Cat is amazing :)) I have cats but my rental separate building and i don’t let them in :))

OMG, I want to come and stay with you! I love your cat! Whats her name? Can she sleep in bed with me? Don’t mind cat hair. Those people are loonies.

I suggest though for loonies who inquire to say, yes I have a Dyson vacuum that gets everything and lint roll on top, so yeah, there’s no cat hair.

The same thing happened to me. I had pics of my cats like there, on the pic#20 or so and the lady was like, Oh I only looked at 3 pics on my phone and didn’t read the description. I then changed the title to “house of cats” and got booking from cat lovers. Do the same with yours and feature the gorgeous cat on the cover. I’ll be your guest!

1 Like

Pics please… My cat just died last week and I could use a little cheering up.

I wish ABB had a filter so I could select houses with cats

1 Like

I recently stayed at a lovely Airbnb with no pictures of cats or cat furnishing. The first clue was the checkin message that said the WiFi password was something like CatsAreTheGreatest.

I get into the apartment and I see the pet watering fountain which was running, the clean litter box, and the auto feeder, but no cat. I message the host to ask where the cat would be, but she had boarded the cats. Bummer. She promised next time she would let the cats stay.

The apartment looked very clean, I couldn’t see cat hair anywhere. But by the end of my few days everything had cat hair on it. That cat hair just hides out waiting to pounce. It was fine with me, but if I were allergic to cats it would have been a disaster. So I can see why people with allergies ask questions.

3 Likes

My condolences on your loss.

There are pics of both Bengals in the thread, just scroll up. If you are on a mobile device it’s a little trickier to scroll. Tap the blue number in the corner (total number of posts) and it will load a little scroll button window. Use that to scroll up to the cat pics.

1 Like

On the topic of claims of cat allergies…
(and NOT to in any way discount cat allergies)

My former husband would not allow my son to have a kitty because “I’m allergic.” I had secretly doubted, as we had visited friends with cats. Son & We both really, really wanted a cat. So I hatched a secret and devious :smiling_imp: plan:

I Slooooowwwwly introduced microbits of cat dander, increasing amount & exposure over a month-long period…It ended up as as a brush-full, coating the inside his pillowcase (I know, I know - but the slow intro to this potential torture had been scrupulous🧐

Well, long story short - nary a bump, sneeze or itch. A sheepish admission that he just didn’t want the “smell” in the house - and we adopted a now-16-year-old indoor/outdoor cat beloved by all!

2 Likes

I wish they had a filter for “no animals” so I could select rooms where there are no animals, but they would probably instead be full of stinky “deodorizer” plug-ins that would also trigger my allergies.

2 Likes