I want to thank this forum for making me a better host!

Hi
I have been reading posts here for quite some time without ever posting myself. I have learned so much from all of you and wanted to take a moment to say thank you. I am a superhost and have been hosting for 3 years now and it is so helpful to read the stories. I have a stronger stance and will not bend my rules and I don’t feel obligated to crazy requests and the regular request for early check- in’s and late check out’s and bending of my property rules. I have also recognized that we all get guests we can not please and the occasional bad review. I keep at it for all the good that it has been, most of our guests are lovely and some are downright awesome. I love the fact that space we are not using regularly can be available to people traveling. I just wanted to speak up and say thanks!
Best,
Mary

15 Likes

Hi Mary and welcome :slight_smile:

What a lovely message. I agree that this forum is terrific - full of great advice and incredible stories! It’s also been a fantastic source of information and knowledge for me so it’s great to hear that others feel the same way.

Now that you’ve joined us, I hope that we’ll chat often. Airbnb hosts usually have a multitude of stories to tell, advice to give and questions to ask . (And sometimes, of course, disagreements to have - but that’s human nature :slight_smile: )

Talk to you again soon.

Jackie

7 Likes

Exactly how I feel. I can say honestly that I wouldn’t host and probably will work somewhere where I don’t like and wouldn’t travel and wouldn’t have a life I have now that I like without this forum
I came here so upset and ready to quit hosting . And 3.5 years later I am still hosting and still coming here for advice. I just wish we has as much fun as we did 3 years ago . This forum became a bit too serious ans not as much fun and full of funny stories as we has before

3 Likes

The funny stores are the best. I still laugh about the guest who arrived at the breakfast table completely naked. I can’t remember the host’s name, but he described it hilariously.

5 Likes