I want to get a gift for a guest

But they definitely like cash :moneybag: At the point that you’re buying a gift certificate, you are already admitting defeat in buying a thoughtful gift. Why force the person to buy something in particular from a certain place? Bah humbug :wink:

1 Like

Well, I was simply assuming that at 80+ people have lots of medical conditions that require meds that shouldn’t be mixed with alcohol. My parents are both 80+ and they don’t drink anymore. But my parents don’t live in this country and I forgot this is America; people are healthier, living longer etc.

I hope I still do when I’m 83. :slight_smile:

My default client gift is a gift card to a chain restaurant. Chain because they can use it here or at home. For cheaper client gifts, I use Starbucks cards.

Sad face.

Sad face.

Just for perspective, neither of these gifts are good choices for me.

(Side note: If anyone has a surefire way to get people to stop giving me gifts, please message me with tips)

2 Likes

since grandma obviously loves to spend time in the kitchen, how about a nice kitchen gift.

i always love a new matching potholder/towel set.

Eeek!

But, hey, if you want to do a gift card, a gas card might be useful - you mentioned she drove several hundred miles.

2 Likes

My dad died at 92 and only because he had a fall. He was totally healthy and took no medications for anything. Nor does my 87 year old step-mom. I’m 70 and also have no medical conditions.

2 Likes

My MIL is nearly 80. She works out 3 days a week and walks the 1.5 miles to the YMCA to do it. She looks about 60.

3 Likes

I don’t know anyone of 83 that doesn’t drink @adrienne12 :slight_smile:…maybe it’s just my family :blush:

1 Like

That what charity shops are for @KKC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh Helsi, my mom has hepatitis, dad dementia. They don’t drink.

@adrienne12 - I was trying to make a light hearted comment by saying perhaps it’s only the 80 year olds in my family that drink sorry seems it got lost in translation :slight_smile:

I’m now wondering if I will be able to give her a gift. There have been no vehicles at my listing since Friday morning before 8am. I rang the bell Friday evening and again today, nobody answered. The part for the refrigerator was delivered this morning and I messaged the guest at 10am to ask if it was still a problem and if they’d like me to repair it or wait until after they checkout, but it’s 7pm and I still haven’t received a response. I expect the guest is too busy to answer (he is a race car driver), but I’m wondering if his mother may have already gone home. I have no other way to contact her.

If the son is still staying, you could always get her a thank you card and ask him to pass it on to her. She’d probably be tickled pink to get it- I’m sure she wasn’t expecting some gift.

3 Likes

Yes, if indeed she has already left, then I will see if I can send something with him or get her address. Hopefully, he will respond or I will see him in person before he checks out.