I think I'm finished...:-(

if you only just listed and dont have other reviews. delete your listing and re do it.

2 Likes

This discussion has been so encouraging to me. I had the exact same thing happened to me last Sunday. The woman was my first booking and gave me a 3 overall even though she gave me four 5ā€™s in the different categories. I got my warning email from Airbnb and my listing is now ā€œat risk.ā€

Of course the woman private messaged me that it was her fault for not reading my very concise description but then she still complained about the space publicly.

I also learned my lesson as I did my response to her review before I even noticed she gave me an overall 3 so I did not call her out on not reading the description. Lesson learned. Wait a couple daysā€¦

Thanks for encouraging me to just move on and hope for better reviews in the future. Itā€™s just hard because I had a flurry of bookings but now silence for the last five days ever since her review. But I will stay hopeful!!

1 Like

Donā€™t give up just define for yourself what you are willing to tolerate and stick to it. I also recap house rules with our door code the night before guests arrive.

We donā€™t do instant book, we donā€™t haggle and we donā€™t rent to unreviewed guests. Iā€™m sure this costs down on potential bookings but, so far, the only time we have had a problem is when we make an exception for someone.

I get people trying to argue me into giving them a chance but, this is the home that I live in (Airbnb downstairs) and I need to be comfortable for myself and my neighbors, who I value.

L

I think that you can still edit your review of them if you wish.

I can edit the review? How?
I did write to airbnb, but they didnā€™t respond, the review is still there and no new inquiries at all

To edit a review:
Go to Profile
Click Reviews
Select Reviews By You
Find the review youā€™d like to edit
If itā€™s been more than 48 hours, or your host or guest has also posted a review, your review canā€™t be edited or deleted unless it violates the content policy.

Go to Profile on Airbnb.
Click reviews.
Select Reviews by you.

I hope that will help you.
I had more luck with calling Airbnb than msging them.

napisala:

HumptyDumpty,
thanks, but as this thread clearly states, the guest has posted a review -
with lots of lies - and itā€™s been more than 48 hours

I had a guest that reviewed me unreasonably one time. I was very angry and.so I waited quite a while to respond, until I could do emotionless fact based response. Facts only. No conclusions.

For example ā€œguest seemed annoyedā€?

Nope.

Guest expressed dismay when remindedā€™of 10AM checkout at 1130.

Even better:

Granted early check in request. Guest expressed dismay when remindedā€™of 10AM checkout at 1130.

5 Likes

Well, looks like I couldnā€™t get past it. Got suspended from airbnb this morning for being below 4* average. Iā€™m allowed to finish hosting the present bookings, but even if they all gave me 5* reviews, there arenā€™t enough bookings to bring it up to above 4*. So, any potential review in 2 weeks is not going to do anything.

Hosting lasted all of 2 weeks.

1 Like

Oh dear so sorry to hear. I guess you could chase your tail trying to get airbnb to reconsider, but there are other platforms to list on (ā€œI get knocked down, but I get up again . . .ā€)

2 Likes

Actually, I really donā€™t want to continue doing short term rental. These last 2 weeks have been so stressful, that I just donā€™t want to have that kind of life. Every guest Iā€™m hopeful and am trying to do everything I can to get a 5-star review and I had several that didnā€™t review at all.

I was even going to try to hang in there and see if they would reinstate me, if I could just get enough good reviews from the current bookings, but then I just got a call from a guest that moved in last night and she said that she couldnā€™t stay because the lighting wasnā€™t good enough for her to put on her make-up correctly every day and that she found a piece of trash under the sofa.

I lost it. I canā€™t do this. Donā€™t want to do this. Feeling like being held hostage by unreasonable guests and worrying every day. Not going to do this anymore.

I called airbnb and asked them to just give all of their booking fees back to those guests and that Iā€™ll take care of the current guests in the other 2 units and to please cancel any future bookings. The funny thing is that he was trying to warn me of penalties for cancelling and I told him that it really wouldnā€™t matter, because theyā€™ve already suspended me and that they wouldnā€™t have reinstated me , because thereā€™s no way I could have gotten my average up past 4*, because I didnā€™t have enough reviews to counter.

The penalties are cash penalties. So for each cancellation youā€™re looking at a penalty of between Ā£50 to Ā£100. He was trying to warn you that you might end up severely out of pocket if you donā€™t see your existing bookings out.

I simply am not willing to leave the units empty for months to come for a
2-day booking here or a 3 day booking there. What are they going to
penalize me with? They canā€™t withdraw the money from my account. They paid
to paypal and I transferred to my account. I donā€™t expect to get any
payments for the present guests that are still there. Are they going to
take me to court? Then Iā€™ll see them, with the letters from witnesses, who
were present for some of these guests who wrote scathing reviews.

Airbnb was a horrible experience for me and Iā€™m not going to punish myself
for the next few months worrying about ratings or potential ratings.

If you donā€™t pay the cancellation penalties, Airbnb will send them to collections. If you live in the U.S. there are dire consequences to having a collection action on your credit report.

1 Like

Well, whatever happens happens. The last 2 weeks were hell and Iā€™ll deal
with the fallout. Wonā€™t let them hold me hostage for more months.

I would call them and say you are closing your listing and ask them to cancel for you.

1 Like

My first review was from a completely horrible self entitled guy and his much nicer partner. He said he would have rather slept in the streets than in my place :frowning: (wonder why he didnā€™t). (and that was one of his nicer comments). He was cold and nasty throughout his stay.

This, because he arrived early and I didnā€™t have the towels ready for him in his room and he wanted to take a shower immediately literally within minutes of arrival. He then went in the shower with his girlfriend for nearly an hour when it is shared bathroom.

He made these remarks about a completely new home I had moved into two months before where I was the first person to live there and everything was immaculate.

Since then I have had over 100 people stay with about 95% 5 star reviews.

3 Likes

Your being a bit dramatic, just host the other people and get good reviews and no one will notice the bad one after a while. Maybe even reduce your price on certain days get a friend to book and get them to write a good review, (not sure if thatā€™s illegal or not) :joy::joy: but

As mentionedā€¦ive already been suspended by airbnbā€¦so there are no future bookings at reduced price. In factā€¦i think using their smatt pricing and having reduced pricing (35 for 1 bedroom apt and 65 for 3 bedroom) is what attracted certain people.

Nopeā€¦Iā€™m done and Iā€™m super relieved today

1 Like