I should feel bad but I don't

So are you two sharing beds?:wink:

2 Likes

Does your flat sheet have the same weight as any regular old flat sheet?

It may be the same weight, but itā€™s a different feel. I wasnā€™t really familiar with the term ā€œsanded cottonā€ but itā€™s like a brushed cotton, almost like a thin flannel. No one has commented on it being odd. I also use my duvets covers with no filling in the summer. Why wrestle with the filling when the nighttime temps are in the 80ā€™s? Once it cools down Iā€™ll put my filler in the duvet and put a blanket on the bed.

It looks great. As you said, it pretty much serves as a light blanket on top of the top sheet. I have the same deal here. Toward the morning it cools off a lot but not enough for a real blanket. I donā€™t have AC. Oh, but speaking of which, donā€™t you have the AC on?

My ā€œcentral airā€ is an evaporative unit. They work pretty well in dry climates but only get you about 20-25 degrees of cooling. So if itā€™s 107 outside and 80+ inside, itā€™s not good enough for many people. There is a refrigerated window unit and a ceiling fan in the guest room. So if the main air isnā€™t cool enough for them they can turn on the unit in their room. I just got a new evaporative unit this summer. Many people are switching to refrigerated whole house but not me, at least not yet.

Yes! A swamp cooler as we call them here. So much cheaper to run than regular AC for sure. But it all depends on the humidity level. Has to be very dry otherwise itā€™s not effective.

Off topicā€¦but I just checked in a nice Indian guy for one night. I was a little worried because ya never know! Heā€™s young, so he wants to go out bar hopping, and there a lots of options nearby.

My grandfather got a swamp cooler business going in San Bernardino. So hot in the summers, but I remember the swamp coolers all over my grandparentsā€™ house were like gold!!!

I love the swamp coolers! Reminds of my grandmotherā€™s house in Los Altos (Long Beach area). I loved the smell of it and the faint sound of trickling water.

1 Like

I also had one at my little ranch house in Anza California. Something so soothing about them. I think they are basically a fan running over a pan of cold water. :wink:

1 Like

You got it :)ā€¦