I am unsure on how to do this - there are just too many factors, so I will list below and if one of you wordsmiths could assist I would be very grateful!
- never announced arrival time despite me enquiring up to the day before arrival (I kinda expected them not to show after 9pm passed on the day)
- after 9pm messaged me for directions to my house (we’ve covered that this is in my description by now)
- made a weird ‘joke’ about my nationality (“if we had known you were xxx we wouldn’t have booked with you - just kidding”)
- asked for a late checkout (I allowed them to leave their bags in the living room as I had another guest arriving at 6pm and prepared the room accordingly)
- They announced they would return between 5-6pm to leave in a note (I texted them at 4pm as to where to leave the keys (where the new guest would collect them)
- At 6:40pm I get a call from the new guests that the keys aren’t there, so I leave work to let her in - the other guests are still ‘out’ with my second set of keys and their stuff in my house
- I give my new guest my own keys and return to work, she informs me that the other guests arrived shortly after I had left at 7pm
- They did leave the room tidy and did their own dishes - a positive!
Any suggestions? I am furious.