I have over 30 apartments where I host for Airbnb and I need a new cleaning service method

I have about 39 apartments, all on Airbnb. They are all within a kilometre away from each other. I used to employ 1 or two cleaners but its getting very hard to manage when I have at least 10 checkouts in a day.

Challenges I am facing:
The volume of rentals fluctuate week to week which means so does the cleaning needed. Some weeks I have 10 check in and others just 2. Leaving my cleaners with no stable hours.

Does anyone have a similar plan and if so what kind of cleaning strategy do you use? Bare in mind the airbnbs are not all located in the same buildings.

Please let me know!

I’ve used calendar integration with a trusted cleaner and let them handle everything. I haven’t had an issue in one city and I plan on trying to find cleaners where I’m doing other BNBs that does the same thing.

Maybe use an Agency who have the extra staff to cover your peak demand, obviously costs more. Short term renting is not going to produce a stable work flow.

1 Like

Ideas;

a) encourage longer bookings so you don’t have so many turnarounds;

b) employ a co-host/management company who co-ordinates cleaners, bedding and towels and check in/check outs leaving you to manage the bookings

c) stager checkouts so you don’t have ten on a day but limit to say five and perhaps guarantee xx number of hours a month to retain the goodwill of excellent cleaners.

Start a separate company that employs cleaners for AirBnb properties – your own staff of cleaners in other words.

I can barely handle cleaning for one place. Thirty listings sound like it needs a small army to help run it.

3 Likes

In my city there are several firms that do housekeeping almost on-demand. They are large operators and do regular house cleanings, not just Airbnbs. Up to a day in advance. Find out whether you have these companies in your city and use them. Caveat; they won’t be the same people so cleaning quality can vary unless you have a comprehensive manual and systems in place for QC.

I used to run a cleaning business and cleaners are incredibly unreliable. If you hire individuals, i would have a backup cleaner/team just in case the first don’t show up.

I’m curious how you acquired/rented so many places, what is your strategy? i’m trying to scale up in my area

I’m sure this doesn’t affect housing availability in your city so you are in no danger of being outlawed. But if you are, the bright side is you won’t have to worry about cleaning services.

1 Like