I give up, I'm leaving Smartbnb. Any other recommendations?

I know everyone here loves Smartbnb but over the last few months, I’ve had nothing but issues. Messages are not sent on time and now I can’t even log into my Airbnb account on Smartbnb so none of my messages are being sent. Has anyone else been having issues?

I’ve been looking around and airgms and superhost tools seem to be the most recommended. What are the pros and cons?

Hi @Abraham. I’m the developer of Superhost Tools and would be happy to answer any questions you have about my service. Do you host your listing(s) on Airbnb or Homeaway or both? The reason I ask is because Smartbnb and Superhost Tools are very similar in functionality but there are a few things that set us apart. For example, we both send automated messages and reviews but Smartbnb integrates with Homeaway as well as Airbnb. Superhost Tools, on the other hand, only works with Airbnb (right now) but unlike Smartbnb it has a pricing tool.

Superhost Tools offers a free 60 trial, give it a shot and send me a message though the site if you have any questions.

Hi @Abraham. We appreciate that you are considering our product. You are very welcome to test our product for free, or even use it for free all the time (if you have less than 5 listings). Our support team will be helping you with any question you will have. :slight_smile: By trying out the product you will come up with your own opinion and see if that something that suits your needs.
We integrate with both HomeAway (Beta) and Airbnb. And we are about to introduce a pricing management tool. You can also request a demo to find out more about the features.

Hi @iGMS - do you only work with Airbnb? My master calendar is on Lodgify - and needs to stay there.

Hi @helengray!

Thanks for your question. We also integrate with HomeAway/VRBO on Beta. As for other channels, you can upload you iCals to our dashboard and have a single calendar of your reservations.

1 Like

Actually you know no such thing @Abraham - I don’t even really know what it is, let alone love it :slight_smile:

There are a handful of hosts on here that I have seen who do say positive things about it. That certainly doesn’t mean the thousands of hosts who use this forum are its no 1 fans. :slight_smile: :frowning:

2 Likes

Ditto. I’ve tried several services over the years (the ones with free trials, I’ve never paid) and haven’t seen the point of any of them. I’m happy to be enlightened though but you’ve got a tough job ahead. :slight_smile:

This is the first I have heard of these services. Can someone explain please. I have noticed this past winter that something about the experience has changed and this could help to explain why. I would be happy to be enlightened as well.

1 Like

Smartbnb has been working great for me.

2 Likes

Thanks @SuperhostTools and @iGMS I’m trying out your services now and will report back.

@jaquo @colleague, when it works, it’s really helpful. They send messages I would have to send manually for me. For example, I don’t like to send my guests the lockbox code until 2 days before they arrive because I don’t want them to have it incase they cancel and more importantly because they tend to forget it if I don’t give it to them right before their trip. I also use it to send a bunch of other messages, it’s one of those things that once you use it you can’t go back.

@CatskillsGrrl I was just logged out again from Airbnb on Smartbnb and not on AirGMS or Superhost Tools. Seems like something is going on over there

What are these tools? I have > 5 listings and I should qualify and I had issues with the calendar in my pixel phone airbnb app.
like I block on ABB and go home and it’s not saved.
Now I synchronized everything but it’s a difficult synchronization and I think ABB has bugs to begin with.
I have each bedrooms listed separately and the whole house, so a total of 5 listings. I have other two listings in the house I live. the problems are with the extra house.

I set it up so that each bedroom listing when it’s booked should block the house and vice versa.
Now the house listing in vrbo gets synchronized with the house listing on airbnb, but I had so many instances where this didn’t function properly.

Like booking on vrbo should block the house listing on ABB (that worked) but also the individual listings of the rooms (that didn’t), hence double booking issues.

And vice versa, booking a bedroom should invalidate the house on ABB but also the house on VRBO. It doesn’t.

If I put every bedroom listing to be synchronized with the house on VRBO, i’m screwed: the colors get all wrong because of extra synchronization, it add extra days at the beginning and the end and I can’t - for the life of me - looking at a glance know who is coming or why these are booked.

It’s a mess. And I am a developer too!

What can I say? It is working fine for me. Airbnb’s platform is huge and hosted on many different servers.

If you use Lodgify, what extra’s do you think another service will bring?

I worked with Lodgify, and tested it for a month, but it did not fit my business unfortunately. (I use multiple channels, with multiple rates and setups and I want to be able to micromanage them)
For a “normal” host Lodgify is one of the best solutions to my opinion.

I do not see the need to run something like SmartBnB of AirGMS next to Lodgify.
Because when you use templates and set them up correctly Lodgify can do most of the things these services provide.

1 Like

I am also thinking leaving smartbnb and look for new one. I have 3 listings and cohost 2. I pay $50 per month for everything. Seems like not really good value anymore.

I am going to be using OwnerReservations. Com in May. They do a lot of things to automate and make easier to work on the OTAs.

But there is a learning curve

Hi @Abraham! It is not easy to be able to identify your Smartbnb account, so I am not sure what is the issue you have been experiencing. I would recommend to reach out to our customer support team so that they can assist in this matter.

I believe you may be connecting an Airbnb account where you may need to pass the two-factor authentication challenge on Airbnb directly rather than on Smartbnb.

Each service have their own way of integrating with Airbnb.

We believe there should be no restriction on which email address you use, so we don’t require you to change the email address.

Additionally, we also do not want to be storing your Airbnb password on our servers in any way, as this would create a considerable security burden. Instead, Smartbnb will process your password only once to request an authentication token from Airbnb, that will be useless outside of Smartbnb.

There can be several factors on Airbnb side that may cause the authentication token to be void, such as a reset of the password.

Let us know if we can help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Pierre, long time no see. Good to see you here :slight_smile:

3 Likes