I Cant F'in believe this suggestions please

This is the email that I got from the customer complaining about the mattress more than 30 days ago

I didn’t stay at your place, it wasn’t what I expected. I was expecting a refund. No one greeted me when I arrived, the bath room was not a private bathroom and the toilet seat was broken, the bed was a box spring with a foam topper (not my idea of a bed). Being able to walk into the house with someone sleeping in the front year and without being challenged when I entered the house did not give me the feeling of a safe environment. If airbnb give back a refund I will be pissed off

we emailed her and said that w may be out when she arrived…and where her room was … clearly she didn’t feel that uncomfotrtable because she came in and used the bathroom it clearly states in the listing its a shared bathroom …she broke the seat which mike fixed it was a loose screw …the bed was absolutely a mattress … Mike was dosing on the day bed we have on the porch while we waited for her to arrive she absolutely knew what she was getting she drove by earlier that day and asked us if it was us she saw on the front porch

Is this guest now trying to receive a refund? Did you receive all of her money? Hey - it is her fault if she didn’t put in a claim to Airbnb. Plus, I don’t know on what grounds they would even refund since it was her fault for not paying attention to the listing. This person has no business even renting on Airbnb - she needs to be staying at a hotel. No one challenged her and she was able to walk right in?? What a joke. And this after you told her just to let yourself in since you might not be there…sigh

1 Like

They are not going to refund her. Someone sleeping on front porch can’t ba a reason for refund. I think all it was that she didn’t find the set up pretty enough for her. Well good luck to her with Airbnb travels!!

1 Like

T+his is just the sort of grief you don’t need. Your instincts were right - she is a funny bunny. Is it possible to block communication from people? I would tell her you will only be dealing through AirBnB mediation not directly. Hopefully she’ll go away. I sympathize with you, you did everything you could as a host. She should be in hotels and hotels only! As a guest with airBnB you should be open to all kinds of experiences, and be able to be flexible and adapt. I think Air need to get on the case with guests expections! It should be the guests bringing us the flowers and wine!

4 Likes

I hope not I will be so pissed off if they do …

here is a message I got from her befor e she arrived

HI CAROL, I GOT YOUR MESSAGE ABOUT NOT BEING DOWNTOWN. THATS OK I COULDN’T FIND ANYTHING AVAILABLE ANYWAY NEAR WHERE I LIVED. BUT YOU HAD ME AT YOU ARE IRISH AND HUBBBY IS ENGLISH AND ITS A EURO STYLE HOME. WE TRAVELED TO IRELAND TWO YEARS AGO AND LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT AND THE PEOPLE SOO IM SURE YOUR HOME WILL BE A GREAT PLACE FROM THE REVIEWS TOO. LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU . ALSO THERE IS A CHANCE THAT MY HUSBAND MAY BE ABLE TO FLY IN ON FRIDAY NIGHT TO JOIN ME WOULD IT BE OKAY TO ADD HIM $30 PER DAY IF HE CAN MAKE IT. HE IS WORKING IN KANSAS AS A CONSULTANT CURRENTLY SO HE IS CHECKING TO SEE IF HE CAN GET A FLIGHT. JILL

Wow! The all caps message was a clue, eh? Lol! Sounds like she’s bipolar and went off her meds last week. Ignore it carol. Getting the occasional wacko is inevitable.

2 Likes

She has asked airnbn to step in …so lets see what happens now

I will be very surprised if they refund her. She has no grounds: a man sleeping on a porch, bed was not how she wanted it to be, no private bath, but she just didnt read the listing. Her safety issue is solely based that she just entered the house which she knew she would do anyway and the reason why she has to do by herself because you were not home.
Realy, she sounds ridiculous .
What she had to do at least get a partial refund is cancell previously talking to you if you are willing to refund. But she just left saying nothing.

1 Like

95% I stayed as a guest I didnt have my private bathroom. Very rarely anyone especially not on US offer private bath unless you rent a whole place.

1 Like

Agree with Stephanie. I would have declined based on the ALL CAPS alone. It’s a huge pet peeve of mine. If it feels like someone is screaming at me during the pre-booking process, then my finger will naturally gravitate toward the DECLINE button.

1 Like

I.e., SORRY…WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR REQUEST.

Lol.

5 Likes

Airbnb investigated …they came out on my side case closed

5 Likes

Yay! I don’t doubt that this person all of a sudden was short some money. So then she thought back to “Oh…I can maybe get some money back from the person I rented from and chose to leave.” I bet her husband flew in like she said he might, and said “Nah…let’s just stay at a hotel.” She agreed and that’s why she left. She probably realized that the bathroom was not private and she screwed up by not reading the listing. She knew the husband would never go for a shared bathroom.

Wow - this business is always about having your guard up against dishonest guests - unreal.

2 Likes