How Would You Improve this Messaging? [Constructive Criticism Only Please]

I haven’t been a guest, but whenever I read about hosts asking guests to squeegie the shower after use, I think, “Seriously? What a weird thing to expect a guest to do.”

I don’t have glass doors on my showers, there are no doors at all- it’s basically a wet room, but I did make the mistake of tiling the shower walls in emerald green tiles, which although it looks beautiful, show every bit of soap scum and water spots. But I deal with that myself. It would never occur to me to ask a guest to squeegiee down the shower walls.

I’m the guest who appreciates a squeegee because I wipe the shower down when I’m done. But being told to clean might not sit well with me either.

If a guest bathroom is theirs alone, and you do not get to go in daily, the glass in your bathroom must be pretty poor looking.
Hotels used to wipe down the bathrooms daily, and waiting a week or more to do the glass will mean that the guest sees haze and water spots daily…

You didn’t read what I wrote. I don’t have glass shower doors, I have no shower doors.

And I seriously doubt if any guests care if the shower doors are water spotted during their stay, as long as they were clean when they arrived.
I’ve read lots of ridiculous bad reviews from fusspot, entitled guests, but never seen any of them complain that no one came to clean the water spots off the glass shower doors during their stay.

1 Like

I actually have a squeegee in the suite bath on the shower wall with a suction thingummy. But it stands there mutely, no signage. Guests can use it or not.

7 Likes

Thank you for being so brave and posting your question. I agree with most of the feedback you’ve been getting and bet that your messages will be much improved- I’m adopting some of the suggested wording as well.

1 Like

We never ask our guests to clean. It’s becoming a toxic word, especially with the threads on message boards where honestly reviewed guests are outraged that they’re asked to “clean” up because they paid a fee for somebody else to do it lol. But we do always mention that the Airbnb experience only works if the guest respects our space, and leaves it in the condition that they found it.