How to review guest who is lovely but friend is a NIGHTMARE…

Sigh. Sometimes good people get trapped in situations. We don’t know her. We don’t know her situation.

I do agree with @rexbanner the review should be honest about behaviors.

1 Like

This. 100%. My understanding is since she is the booking guest that it would become a “3rd party booking” if she checks-out, and since the guy is such a dbag we would be please to play that card and regain peace of mind. If he was a “normal guest” then ok whatever but this is your chance to get him out, based on Air’s Ts and Cs.

2 Likes

The original booker IS the guest, or the proxy for all guests. No need to distinguish in your review:

“Guest is not suited to a property with other guests or hosts present. On multiple occasions returned in the wee hours of the morning and rang the door bell continuously to be let in instead of using keys, waking hosts and other guests. Upon entry, knocked over furniture and slammed interior doors.”

4 Likes

While I agree that the booking guest is responsible for the behavior of the others, I would make a distinction in the review that it was the behavior of her friend which was the problem.
As @Annet3176 pointed out, sometimes good people get trapped in situations.

I would certainly hold the booking guest responsible for leaving and thinking it okay for her friend to stay, and even have someone else take her place, but I wouldn’t make it sound in the review like she was the one coming home drunk and slamming doors.

4 Likes

Moderator is paranoid for some reason that we tell people we have had our ‘Badge’ over the time that the program has been running. :male_detective: I think the folk on here are not that into the minor details…

1 Like

I think KKC explained they are just a stickler for facts!!! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Thanks Brian, appreciated this.

She told me on Sunday she would be leaving for her Granma’s bday in London. I didn’t quite understand at the time that that meant she was not coming back and had left her friend alone to continue the stay :joy:

Thanks Muddy, I 100% will do this!

This made me LOL and spit my tea out Nordlinghouse :joy::joy::joy::heart_eyes::champagne::champagne:

OK,

“The booking guest’s friend who also stayed was not suited to a property with other guests or hosts present. On multiple occasions returned in the wee hours of the morning and rang the door bell continuously to be let in instead of using keys, waking hosts and other guests. Upon entry, knocked over furniture and slammed interior doors.”

2 Likes

For us, there would be no distinction. The booking guest allowed their friend to behave like a jackass, or at least ignored rather than making observable attempts to reign him in.
So, the poor review would be on the Guest and too bad if they are upset later on.

3 Likes

FTFY:

“On multiple occasions the guest returned in the wee hours of the morning and rang the door bell continuously to be let in instead of using keys, waking hosts and other guests. Upon entry, knocked over furniture and slammed interior doors.”
[/quote]

No need to say ‘which’ guest - and no need to qualify your issue.

2 Likes