How to Remove Deep Stain from Toilet Bowl

Your toilet speaks of your personality, some people say. If it’s glowing – you are hygienic. If not, you are unhealthy. Therefore, rust stains in toilet bowl aren’t a pretty sight –, especially for your visitors. They will locate it uncomfortable to use.

Worse, they will judge you in step with your restroom. More than these, a dirty bathroom isn’t healthful for you and your circle of relatives. You might not be aware, but exclusive germs or microorganism abound in your toilet seat.
These can purpose illness.
We will now provide you with some methods to take away the one’s stains to your toilet bowl.

Vinegar

If you’re sick and very tired of cleaning your toilet bowl with harsh abrasives and strong smelling cleaner, try the vinegar solution. One approach is to area 3 cups of vinegar into the toilet bowl and scrubs the stains with a bathroom brush.
The other technique is to place the vinegar into a twig bottle, drain the bathroom bowl and spray the vinegar at once onto the stains.

Bleach

Bleach is a very strong cleaning agent. Place a 1/2 cup of dry bleach powder into the toilet bowl and allow it sit down there for a couple of hours. When you regard the deep stains have disappeared flush away the bleach in your toilet.

Borax powder

Borax powder is a completely powerful cleaning agent that is now not discovered in a grocery store, however in hardware save. Sprinkle the powder without delay on the stains and rub them with a bathroom brush.

After scrubbing, permit the powder to take a seat for thirty minutes. Then reconnect the water delivery to the tank and flush the bathroom.

Trisodium Phosphate

Add 1 tablespoon of trisodium phosphate to one gallon (3.8 liters) of warm water and blend nicely. Soak a cloth on the answer and use it to rub the deep stain smooth.

I like using a scour stick (pumice). Some say it scratches but I’ve used them for years without an issue as far as I can tell. I get a mineral ring from my well water.

Regarding Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) it’s not good for you or the environment:

TSP is still sold and used as a cleaning agent, but since the late 1960s, its use has diminished in the United States and many other parts of the world because, like many phosphate-based cleaners, it is known to cause extensive eutrophication of lakes and rivers once it enters a water system

2 Likes

I cared for my father for a year in Arizona where the water is very…terrible in all ways. Everyone seems to have these porous sponge looking things, but they are hard as rocks! They all use them for their toilets because even bleach tabs in the tank don’t work. I wonder if this is the same thing? The pumice? I can’t remember what they were calling them. When I get a pedi, they use pumice stone, haha, same thing?

1 Like

many years ago I bought a flat in London that had just been renovated, i.e. builders leaving their piss in the bog, without the water turned on, and resultant build up of limescale et al. It wasn’t until I chucked some wallpaper paste, with the anti mould addition, that I ended up with a sparkling pan. Worked a treat!

1 Like

I love the translations :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Shows how we are all different. Reading this reminds me of either Chinese instructions on how to assemble my newly purchased item or a letter from Nigeria telling me a prince wants to send me money. Excruciating. Hard to believe anyone reads his blog on a regular basis.

I use drywall/plaster sanding screen (purchased in sandpaper section of home improvement or hardware stores) because it’s something that I have on hand for other purposes anyway. I also find the screen to be easier to manipulate and fold into a small size to minimize the surface area that’s being scrubbed, thereby minimizing scratching. It also comes in different grits which I like.

1 Like

I’m in the states. Never even heard of it.

1 Like

Me too, in the States that is. Back in the 60s/70s we used to use it to clean walls before painting. It was very common back then, easily found at any hardware store.

Oh! Ok. I was born in 1970, so I wasn’t doing much cleaning of any kind back then. My folks for sure would have used it. :smiley:

1 Like

Trisodium Phospate is usually sold as TSP and still widely available in hardware stores and Home Depots etc, I believe. At least it was a few years ago…

Apparently. An internet search readily turned up many buying options. My family quit using it when health and environmental issues started to be more openly discussed.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Yes, the pumice stone at the salon is the same used for cleaning.
I use the pumice stone, too, when there are rings in the toilet that don’t come out with the usual toilet cleaner and the brush. As long as the toilet is made of porcelain, the pumice stone doesn’t scratch it. The stone actually gets worn down by the scrubbing action - the porcelain is harder than the pumice.

How do I apply the deep bowl stains in the first instance?

2 Likes

Hello Joan,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Thank you very much for participation. Actually, we need to clean our toilet regularly.

Another is to consider a water softener. They will remove some iron and sulphur from the water.