How to refresh + clean upholstered couch?

Hey all! We have a cb2 fabric (orange colored) upholstered couch that doesn’t have any deep stains like coffee or wine but has seen some use and could benefit from a deep clean.

While it’s our off season we thought it would be a good time to give it some love. Suggestions? Fave products or steps you follow to refresh your couch or upholstered chairs?

Thanks!

If you decide to clean your couch by the time you rent a cleaner, buy supplies & invest your time getting Machine & product & labor of cleaning then returning the machine, cheap-o me will gladly pay someone to do it.

Oxifresh steam cleaned my pillow top queen mattress for $80. It looks great.
They clean furniture too.

Oxifresh is a franchise in the USA with local cleaners. I don’t know if they are in your area, if not, maybe your area has something comparable.

3 Likes

Me too. Our sofas are leather these days (so very easy to clean) but before we used to get someone in. We use Stanley Steemer and I think they have franchises throughout the US. They’ll also do carpets , tile and grout and - important in the COVID era - clean out the air ducts of your heating / AC.

3 Likes

As other have said, a deep steam clean is what it needs, and your local carpet cleaning service has a truck with a long hose and everything needed, including stain and odor removal.

If you have area rugs that could use a cleaning, combine that with the upholstered furniture, but have them clean the area rugs in your garage or on your deck, patio, or driveway, and do it on a sunny day so they dry quickly.

Even though my robovac does a good job, that deep clean always pulls out dirt, even from the rugs in the B&B which is no shoes. I do that and my giant 8 foot Grandma’s couch every 4-5 years.

1 Like

I had someone whose wet and muddy dog made full use of my policy of allowing dogs on the furniture. Fortunately my cleaner also has a carpet and upholstery cleaning business. If I had rented a steam cleaner and product for the day and did it myself probably would have cost more and still not looked as good.

2 Likes