How to leave a shower curtain

My my. I would be up-classed!

1 Like

There must be fifty ways to leave a shower curtain.

4 Likes

So you de-ring your shower curtain and toss it in the wash between guests? Then ring it back up after you wash/dry it. Dang! And I thought cleaning shower glass was a pain :slight_smile: I remember ringing my shower curtain up at my first apartment in college. Took me like 15 minutes!

My suggestion was related to taste/style/look/feel. I deciphered the crux of the OP’s question as “how should this look?”

The bottom line is you will find very few luxury hotels or premium listings (at least those that we compete with) that have shower curtains. A shower curtain will never be as high end as a glass enclosure.

But to each there own!

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don’t need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don’t need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
:musical_note::notes::musical_score:

5 Likes

I knot and fold mine into swan shapes, bear shapes or bunnies, depending on what type of people I perceive the guests to be, according to their messages. Doesn’t everyone?

4 Likes

You got it!

1 Like

Absolutely! It’s the high-class way!

I agree that if you want a high end look and you have a walk in shower then glass usually provides the more upscale look. I don’t think a glass enclosure on top of a one piece fiberglass tub shower combo is going to have a high end look. It’s an interesting leap from “how to hang a shower curtain” to spending hundreds to get rid of it. It reminds me of all those folks suggesting you spend thousands to outfit your rental in case of a power failure instead of answering your question about a refund.

A couple of years ago one of our members who designs and builds high end homes posted this link of ceiling mounted tracks used to hang shower curtains. It is possible to have a high end place and a shower curtain and there are places that stylistically would look odd without one, like some historic homes.

They have hooks now. Removing the curtain takes seconds and is far easier than cleaning the glass.

1 Like

Good point.

Gee - I hope the OP appreciates all this effort! LOL!

The shower curtain hanging over the towel rack (where towels should be) is very unattractive and I’m wondering where the shower curtain liner is? There is only one curtain! There should be a waterproof curtain on the inside and a decorative curtain on the outside. Both should be clean and hanging down, with the liner on the inside and the clean decorative curtain on the outside. If I saw this in a hotel or Airbnb, I would think the maid was lazy and forgot to finish the job.

1 Like

I use hooks, and yes every time. The shower curtain even it it looks clean is a place for hair to hide. Super shedders…

RR

3 Likes

hey… I resemble that remark

Lol

RR

3 Likes

I do not use a liner, the water does not go through to the other side and the curtain is washed between guests. The liners look bad fast.

RR

1 Like

I do this. I have 2 shower curtains/liners and while one is washing I clean the bathroom without having to work around the curtain or rug. Then I put the new one up and have the newly cleaned one ready to go.

Shower curtain and plastic liner go in with the sheets and doesn’t take 15 minutes to put in the rings - they’re hooks, not closed rings with clasps. So it’s minutes and I know guests are getting a super clean bath. Plus, I put the in-tub bath mat in with the towels.

1 Like

We change the shower curtains between guests but we have like 18 shower curtains so that we don’t have to wash them during the flip, we just have a stack clean and ironed and ready to go. Our Victorian tubs require 2 shower curtains each.

Yes. A glass enclosure would look dumb around our Victorian tubs.

This is not necessarily true. I don’t care for vinyl liners and got away from them years ago. Some cloth shower curtains are a nylon/polyester weave that it water resistant but are still cloth and don’t require a liner. After they are washed, a quick ironing re-seals their fibers so that they remain water resistant.

3 Likes

Oh no. This comment makes me think that you never do the cleaning. :slight_smile:

In one rental, we have the curtain set-up. In the other, the glass door. Note that it was in place when the place was bought - we didn’t have a choice in the matter.

The glass doors are simply horrible to clean. The groove in which they sit tends to attract the hosts’ greatest enemy - hairs.

Providing a squeegee makes no difference to the way that the guest behaves. Even the best of guests are more interested in getting to the beach / wedding / party / job interview / gig or whatever they came here for than squeegeeing a shower.

I’m pretty good at cleaning and don’t mind doing it - except that bloody glass shower door. It takes ages. With the other rental, the shower curtain and liner just go into the laundry with everything else and the replacements take about three minutes to add. Job done.

4 Likes

Busted! I must admit that my wife is in there dealing with the glass when we turn it. And just today, in fact, she insisted we get more of that Rain-X stuff for the shower enclosures. My design aesthetic insists on a glass enclosure because the bathrooms in our places are small and we spend quite a bit of money on tile and want it to be seen. :star_struck:

I can’t believe there is a known institution/process about shower curtains! I had no idea they were easy to change and/or there was anyone out there that had multiple shower curtains on a rotation akin to changing sheets. Absolutely know more than I did yesterday. Very cool.

3 Likes

Rain X is brilliant but it doesn’t solve all the glass problems, unfortunately. I do the standard thing of cleaning the interior glass horizontally and the exterior vertically so I can tell whether any smears are inside or outside but it’s still time-consuming. I even wrote an article about the evils of glass in the bathroom a couple of years ago.

Yep, shower curtains any day for me. :angel:

5 Likes

Should be? No, that is one way to do it, but plenty of people only use the one waterproof shower curtain, and plenty of those are quite attractive. Why have two things to clean, when one is perfectly adequate?

And outside of North America, I have never seen anyone use a decorative shower curtain combined with a liner. I’m not saying it never happens, it’s just not something at all common anywhere I have ever travelled.

1 Like

I’m going to do the tile myself for my unit. My brother lives about 30 miles from Delores Hidalgo, MX, a town famous for ceramics, and there are several companies that will put your custom designs on tiles.

I want to do a sitdown shower. Unfortunately my bathroom is too small for the steam unit I’d like to have. A friend in Portland OR installed one in his multiheaded shower, and I love it.

2 Likes