How to Embed Cues to Hosts in our Guest Reviews

Tile was a bad choice?

Wow, that takes me back. I have (had?) a friend called Brian. He was American, but went to Costa Rica, which he liked. He would then end his emails like that. Maybe he still does, I haven’t heard from him in a while. Is “Pura vida” a Costa Rica thing?

If you don’t want people to do stuff, put it in your guest guide or whatever material you hand them. And I’m not sure sweeping your back terrace translates to anything bad for any other host. Listings are so different. And it sounds like your guests meant well, at least. I’d politely tell your guests that in future they might want to check with hosts before “helping”. Hopefully, they’ll take it the right way. If they don’t, no damage done. Trying to educate guests a little bit is worth it, I think.

I can’t speak for @konacoconutz, but it’s likely she was joking. At any rate, it’s clear that it was a typo. Don’t worry about it.

Thanks, @Australia

I almost took a break from the Forum, but I just cannot stay away!!!

1 Like

I would - but we haven’t yet had a guest that I wouldn’t recommend even a little.

Lucky us!

@jackulas - okay I’m watching very carefull to make sure that worked, lol.

Thanks for being so gracious. When I saw what I’d done I almost fell out of my chair.

@konacoconutz - you probably were joking, I was just so horrified by what I’d done!

Hugs,
J

@faheem - not sure what I posted and where - I type too fast and it gets my in trouble!!!

Re: Pura Vida. Yes, it’s a Costa Rica thing, the national slogan.

It literally translates to “Pure Life” but that does not encapsulate its meaning.

Quoted from the CR National Tourism Board:

Pura vida! Means that no matter what your current situation is, life for someone else can always be less fortunate than your own. So you need to consider that maybe…just maybe, your situation isn’t all that bad and that no matter how little or how much you have in life, we are all here together and life is short…so start living it “pura vida style”.

2 Likes

Well… I wasn’t sure. :slight_smile: It didn’t seem like you… But thanks for the apology.

@konacoconutz

Thank you, my sweet. If I’d intended to do that, I sure would be jerk!

All’s well that ends well! :smiley:

Hi @Perezo,

Bear in mind that your posts are editable. Indefinitely, as far as I can tell. Does anyone know if Discourse imposes a time limit? And if so, is it configurable? So, don’t freak out, fix it!

Thanks, @faheem

I thought of that but @jackulas was so gracious about it that I thought I should leave to serve as a reminder, to me, and other newbie members, to check your work before you post!

:smiley:

Hmm. I think this forum could do with a whole lot more editing. :slight_smile:

Oh, come on. You are perfectly comfortable with posters you don’t like being called names and insulted.

@EllenN

Are you saying it’s time we all put on our nasty-pants?

jk :wink:

Naw, I think it would be nice if we all appreciated differing opinions. Mearns is the best at that.

2 Likes

Excuse me?..example please?

1 Like

Ellen, I have to call you out on this one – what exactly were you trying to achieve by posting this?

4 Likes

I find it best to be upfront with the guests and just mention to them what you don’t find necessary for them to do.

1 Like