How to attach photos to guests in the message thread?

Guests regularly send me photos and screenshots of things in my villas while they are staying via our message thread. I am staying in an Airbnb at the moment and would like to send some photos to my host but can’t get it to work. Can someone please explain how I can send my host photos?

When you use the app inbox tap on the picture icon, choose your picture and send

Or camera and take a picture and send

Ah, so that’s the problem, I do most of my Airbnbing on my laptop! Thanks so much, moving to the tablet now. Cheers!

1 Like

Yeah, it kinda sucks that it isn’t available on the desktop version.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know that was an option on the app either! So ridiculous that all the good features are only available to use on a cell phone. I much prefer to conduct business from my PC at home!

2 Likes

Yes I am the same as you, much prefer the laptop. I phone the phone fiddly as it’s so easy to press send accidentally when you are half way through a message. On my tablet there is such a small window to type in and you can’t see the whole message you have to keep scrolling back and forth. I got a real techy friend to look at it one day and she said the problem is the app and it’s ridiculous that you are meant to work with that format. I bought the tablet early this year so I didn’t have to lug the laptop with me everyday while I was traveling for 3 months in Eastern Europe but I barely use it as I find the app so cumbersome.

It’s the same with the check in section and adding photos and instructions in step form you can only set this up and see it on the app. Therefore I didn’t even know this was an option until I was staying at an Airbnb and was using my tablet. I quickly worked out I couldn’t do it on the laptop, had to set it up on the tablet.

1 Like

I have to take my hat off to those of you who rely on using a computer. I don’t think I’d be able to manage without using the phone. I love being able to communicate with guests wherever I am and the iPad is too cumbersome to put in my jeans pocket :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also use my phone when I am out and about but if I have my car I always have the laptop or tablet in the car and if it’s not urgent and can wait until I get back to the car I prefer to do that. However the downside is I’m on holidays with a friend at the moment, last night we went to the local supermarket and as I walked through the door I said to her: I don’t know why I have my tablet in my hand! She said: because you can’t stop working! It seems to have become an appendage, bloody Airbnb!

2 Likes

Yes and I’ve become one of those rude people that keeps my phone out during dinners out and will excuse myself to reply to guests.

1 Like

I know what you mean … a few months ago I was in the cinema and the phone in my bag rang - it was a guest who couldn’t get in using the keypad.

And a few minutes before the film started a bloke had come onto the stage and given the audience a severe warning to be sure to turn phones off.

But it’s a guest! I’m a host! Oh blimey!

1 Like

which is why I now have a smart watch linked to my phone - I can have it on silent and see the message and excuse myself.

1 Like