How to address situation?

Also rather unsanitary!

1 Like

The question I asked myself when this happened on my property was would I have this guest again if I had not seen him pee and the answer was yes.

RR

I would not mention it in a public review. However, in the private feedback I would say something about it. In NYC it’s against the law so I’m sure it’s illegal in many places plus it’s unsanitary. What a pig!

2 Likes

IF you feel you MUST mention it, do so in the private review section. “If you really must urinate outdoors at someone else’s house, at least check for security cameras before doing so. In many place such activity is illegal.”

4 Likes

This has never happened to me and that’s probably because I’ve never had cameras. But I’m surprised that a) it’s illegal and b) anyone would think to mention it

3 Likes

It’s more the issue of pulling your penis out in public than the issue of the urine.

6 Likes

It’s illegal in every state. Unless you are homeless or ill there is no excuse for it (places with no facilities at all like the wilderness excluded.)

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s illegal where I’m from but it is very gross. He is not a dog and just came out of the apartment where there is a toilet. There was no need for that.

2 Likes

A “guest” on his last day urinated in my front yard. Caught proper hell from the neighbors. Yeesh!

1 Like

No need for that behaviour. He might have upset you or the neighbours by flashing. I would mention it in private feedback and mark his stars down.

Illegal in public… I would say I had a reasonable expectation of privacy in a backyard…

RR

1 Like

Side of house in parking space is not a backyard. But even if it were you shouldn’t have a reasonable expectation of privacy there. Certainly the legal “expectation of privacy” doesn’t exist outside. Google street view and satellite images (for example) have already been held to not violate privacy.

Privacy in a backyard is a funny thing in a world of two story homes, homes on hills, etc. I can see into two of my neighbors behind me yards. If I look down at the neighbor who is working in his yard or smoking a cig and see him pull it out and take a whiz, big deal. I think it’s lazy and crude but it’s his yard.

Whether it’s illegal or not isn’t an issue for me. Weed is illegal here in TX and if my Airbnb guests were smoking in their car or the side of my house, I wouldn’t care. I would care if they peed on the side of my house unless there was a very good reason. What might that reason be? The single bathroom is occupied by a sick partner. The toilet is out of service.

I looked for the prior thread where this was discussed and posted the wrong one earlier. I may look again. What I recall from the prior discussion was a distinct gender gap. Men were quite comfortable with peeing in public, seeing other men do it and being seen doing it. Women were much less so.

2 Likes

I think it is a waste of water to flush a toilet for a few ounces of pee. People have been peeing outside since the stone age.

3 Likes

I think it’s one thing if you’re peeing in your own yard (if neighbors can’t see you.) But to pee in someone else’s yard is rude and gross.

4 Likes

I repeat, on your own property in the woods or in your own garden is one thing, as a guest as someone’s house another.

C’mon. You know this has to be the worst justification ever for bad behavior. “Boys will be boys,” “it’s always been this way,” “it says in the Bible,” “he’s just a kid,” and so on.

5 Likes

Bottom line is I would not mention it in the review or private feedback. If that was the worst thing about the guest they are welcome back.

RR

Agreed. I’d only mention it in private if it really bothered me and I wanted to try to convince him to stop.

In the big scheme of things it’s not a big deal to me. I’ve seen so many men peeing and spitting in public during my long life, it’s like it’s part of their DNA. Not the worst thing ever, I just wish they would quit.

1 Like

Now that is disgusting. Boot camp drilled that bad habit out of more than a few people. I remember seeing a guy spit a disgusting loogie on the grass and the CO made him pick it up and put it in his shirt pocket. I cannot stand public spitters, unlike public urinators who at least try and hide. Spitters hock one up and make a show of it. Gross.

RR

1 Like

One of the grossest things I ever saw in public was a man in a supermarket who blew his nose loudly and vigorously into his bare hand. I heard him and turned to look and saw the nasty deed. He then pulled his hand away from his face, peered into his hand and then took a look around for where to dispose of his mucosal treasure. He spied a large cardboard easter egg dye display on the end cap and wiped his hand on the back of it. He then grabbed his cart and wheeled off, no doubt to touch as many pieces of produce as possible before choosing the ones he wanted.

When this has happened at my house I got the guest to leave a review 1st and then left my review so they couldn’t change theirs. Then I opened a case with a screen shot of the video and a color photo of the yellow spot with my iPhone. Airbnb supported my claim of having the front deck sanatized before the next guest arrives. I don’t expect guests to walk thru human waste, track it in my house, and think it’s ok. It’s not and I’ve recovered $150 every single time.

4 Likes