How new review by guest looks like?

Can anyone please post screenshots of the review interface that guest goes through when he or she evaluates host?
I stayed at airbnb last time one year ago and apparently it has changed a lot since then.

Thanks tons!

1 Like

I just happened to take screen shots of this last month, so it should be up to date, here come a ton of screen shots, I hope I didn’t mis any b/c there were a lot of pages to this newer/longer review.

1 Like

(I’m sending them one by one so they will be in the correct order)

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

I hope I remembered to screen shot all of them. Maybe someone can correct me if I’m missing anything here!

2 Likes

@yecatsr Wow, wow, wow. Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!
Now it’s perfectly clear how overall thing turns into 4-star when everything else is 5-star. Very sad.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty sucky that they can rate 5 star in all the categories, but Air lets them give you an overall that does not add up to the former!

1 Like

I’ve got a few of those ( all 5-star with overall 4-star) lately.
I can’t blame guests for this. I’m very happy when they got what they expected.

I find it very disingenuous to hosts. Yet, it’s a huge corporation. They can do anything they want…

P.S. another good reason to actively look for another type of income.

Happy hosting to everybody!

1 Like

such BS on a gut wrenching basis
Pretty smug stuff

Don’t you just LOVE how we are being “rated” for such things as how “stylish” our space is? Seriously…

I feel that in the Help prepare for future guest section it should be premised with “At Least” for 1 Pillow per guest, 1 towel per guest. Most of us have more than that. I had a guest that marked no on towels because she thought it meant only 1, not multiple. She felt bad that it ended up showing I had none at all even though I have at least 2-3 per guest.

2 Likes

@AvaH, I had EXACTLY, the same thing happen to me. I could have written your post word for word, guest feels terrible, and it’s all documented in Airbnb messages. Have you communicated the error t ABB and if so, what was the result?

1 Like

I suspect(hope!) that those items are there to be selected for that highlights section at the top of the listing and not to be rated. Hopefully.

That’s one of the first things I thought too. I leave plenty of everything but it makes it seem that I might as well not bother now and just leave the minimum.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly where they end up. My point is one man’s “Stylish” is another man’s dump. This is a subjective category, and no, does not weigh on the ratings, just that huge box at the top of our listings’.

I think they could do away with the “Stylish” and replace it with something like “very functional” question. LOL.

EDIT: You can only see/check this section of “Compliments” on the phone app, not on the website interface, at least this is true for me. Of course I can’t see “recommended by X number of hosts” (which is essentially the thumbs up or down rating of guests by hosts) ANYWHERE. Still looking for an answer why some of us can’t see that!

2 Likes

So true! I describe our waterfront rental as ‘retro’ but I’ve heard guests describe it as ‘dated’. :thinking:

Oh good lord…My point exactly.

See my edit above of the thumbs up/down. Why can’t some of us hosts see this? What’s the point if hosts can’t see what other hosts have rated guests “overall”? Any clue @jaquo

1 Like