How necessary is a wardrobe?

That sounds fab! We never get the good shows here!

1 Like

I have a closet and a cabinet. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a guest use them, hardly - it really does depend, as @Paul_Janaway says, on who you attract. I have benches that hold extra blankets inside and are for the luggage to sit. I also have hooks on the back of closet doors.

I can hear him cursing all the way to the finish lineā€¦lol.

I provide half a closet, I store some extra linens, etc. in the other half and I provide a vintage coat rack which my guests use.

1 Like

Since I recently KonMariā€™d my clothing, I am able to offer guests to half my closet, I have an ottoman in there for them to put their suitcase on, and plenty of empty hangers. The other half of the closet currently has my winter clothes in it, but itā€™s really only 1/4 full, which is just so amazing as I used to have totes and totes of winter coats, hats, gloves, scarves, turtlenecks.
I still have some things in the dressers, so I donā€™t open that up to them. I do live in that room in the winter when I donā€™t rent out (cause I worry about having guests here during snowstorms and whatever).
I just wanted to get their luggage off the floor of the room and behind a closed door. Itā€™s a small room and I think it would feel more like home if they didnā€™t have the suitcase on the floor. I have no idea if people have been using it, I donā€™t go in their rooms when they stay here (max is 4 nights).

Apolo Ohno was here doing it not that long ago. They hold an event just before called the Underpants Run and he attended. Believe me, that was easy on the eyes. Apolo in his underpants. :smile:

1 Like

I have an antique wardrobe in my room. It looks nice and is useful.

Yeah seen hundreds of them lol they are full on brutal to each other. Haha

1 Like

Theyā€™re on YouTube if you want to have a nosey K :smile:

2 Likes

I love your answers @faheem

The guy who stayed at my place for a month dinged me in the review for not having enough storage. Yes, the walk-in closet was full of my stuff so it was closed off. I did clear two cupboards for him, but apparently he needed lots of rack space for shirts, suits, and coats. So better to provide some hanging space.

Four in a bed is hilarious. Ends up an absolute bitch fest most of the time. Itā€™s been running for years here in the uk. Surprised other countries havenā€™t done a version.

As for wardrobes, guests do seem to like themā€¦ Iā€™ve seen a good few reviews on other peoples places that complain about lack of hanging space. We have a wardrobe in one of our apartments bedrooms & also converted a cupboard into a 2 tier wardrobe. Older guests seem particularly appreciative of enclosed hanging space. They also love a luggage rack to unpack off. I didnā€™t even know these things existed until my mum bought one for me, I laughed & said who even knows what this is. Sheā€™s had the last laugh though because the guests use it all the time. My guests are obviously far more refined than me!