How many hours a week do you spend managing?

Great article from HomeAway about latest Vacation Rental trends. One that stuck out to me was that homeowners spend just under 10 hours a week managing their rental.

How much time do you all spend?

1 Like

On average I would say 4 hours cleaning, 1 hour waiting for guests and welcoming them, 1 hour doing miscellaneous stuff (buying consumables or equipments, updating the listing, answering inquiries…), so 6 hours per week on average.

1 Like

3 hours cleaning, 1 hour transporting, 1 hour socializing X 2 turnovers per week on the average = roughly 10 hours per week.

4 hours a week. …

around 10 hours including cleaning but the goal is to get soon someone to do it so it will be around 1-2 hours max after that

Where is your property located? How are you going to find the best person to do it for you?

My company rented.com helps you compare the best local rental management companies side by side. Our service is completely free for rental owners.

1 Like

Our place is in Sweden.
It’s easy we will recruit a person that is recently arrived in Sweden (85% of the salary paid by the state for 2 years). They are many,many people looking for a job that are also taking swedish courses.

We had just started are our earning are at 25k-50k sek gross per month for a 90 square appartment. I can’t see a rental company to pay more (plus less tax doing as private)

About 4 hours per week now after bumping the minimum stay requirement and doubling up on sheet and towel sets. Before, it was as much as 20-30 when we were having back to back one-nighters last summer.

About 8 hours a week (most of that trying to control the pool and garden) … and then another 8 hours on this forum!!

2 Likes

I spend at least 6-7 hrs/week on just this forum!

3 Likes