How many cancellations do you experience? Please help

Hey Lior, ma kore? :wink:

I experience an average of 4 a years I’d say. However, I do think there is a connection between the type of listing you have. Is it a vacation rental or a place in the city where people come for work?

Flexible - No Cancellations

I only got cancellations on Bookings.com. Have made that “no refunds” thinking they would dry up but got a couple of longer bookings from them. I have a moderate policy on AirBnB and get maybe 2 out of 100 cancellation requests per year. But as minimum 2 nights I don’t get overnight travelers anymore.

Strict. No cancellations but some alterations. When I had moderate or flexible, I’d guess about 5-10% cancelled. But I switched to strict pretty fast.

Maybe one every six months, due to weather, health, or unconfessed reasons

I changed from moderate to strict when I had a couple of people taking the proverbial. For example a Canadian blocked the UK room for 4 weeks for 2 months then cancelled for no good reason close to the time. Sometimes guests just hedge their bets. The strict policy is no problem because the guest can still get fair refunds for circumstances such as cancelled flights or illness.

1 Like