How low do you go when your calendar is empty?

We are in exactly the same position. In winter I am tinkering daily to keep maximum occupancy but summer will look after itself with high prices and no work from me.

I am just going to open up the last week of the year now. I only have my calendars open 3 months in advance as I know I won’t have any trouble filling them from that time out. I expect Christmas week will be snapped up the minute I make it available. I’m just having trouble on deciding how much to jack the prices up too. Should I keep them the same as last year as it was pretty outrageously expensive? We get 5* on everything except value, all the places sit on 41/2. I am surprised it isn’t lower but I think the last minute cheaper booking rate us high on value as they have got a bargain and that stops our value star rating plummeting.

… then return home and write a 500 word list of your hates/pet peeves about them. Those 5 star airbnbs sure leave a lot to be desired.

4 Likes

No I disagree with that. I didn’t write about the horrible Airbnbs I have stayed in and I have stayed in half a dozen that were dreadful. My pet hates/peeves list did not contain things that if they were lacking it would mean that I would leave less than 5*. That’s why I can’t understand why people got so upset. They are all minor incidentals that occur frequently. Like having to buy a bottle of cooking oil at every place then using half an inch and leaving it behind because I will travel with soap, coffee, pepper, pasta and even a sieve and fresh garlic but I will not put cooking oil and milk in my suitcase.

1 Like

@Barns, how long have you been hosting? (Btw, did you unlist? The property in your profile is no longer listed.)

1 Like

AHA! Thankyou for spotting that, that was an old listing from 2016.
Profile now updated https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/22840909?s=51

I’ve lost the ability to have it show a preview

hosting the current listing since Feb, the previous unlisted one was a couple of years ago, did that for 4 months