How is your Booking Rate?

A quail egg!!! I love a nicely done quail egg. Persnickety little suckers, but lovely flavor. Thank you for sharing.

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like youā€™re off to a great start. Youā€™re correct in thinking that more listings in an area generally results in more views and a lower booking rate, so I wouldnā€™t worry about it. Iā€™m in Toronto, Canada (approximately 5,000 Airbnb listings, and over 40 million tourists every year) and Iā€™m usually on the first page of results so I get a lot of looky-loos. As long as youā€™re booked as much as youā€™d like at good rates I wouldnā€™t sweat it.

I would recommend that you sign up for a trial at smartbnb.io as their market report will tell you where you show up in search results, and how your prices compare to other hosts in your area.

1 Like

This is a useful stat and is very common in all online ecommerce. Not just online either. It applies to bricks and mortar stores as well.

It is a one of the metrics that measures how well your teaser listing (or window display in the case of a retail store) matches the needs of customers who enter your ā€˜storeā€™. It is not the only metric but it is an important one in my view.

My booking rate is 3% as well. I donā€™t understand it. My price is very ok and my location as well. Donā€™t get a lot of bookings lately, donā€™t really understand the causeā€¦

I fully agree with you man. I second every word in your post!

There is a huge difference between the things I see on the app and the things I see on the computer. That is really something Airbnb should work on.

Itā€™s difficult for us to comment on your booking rate without understanding more about your listing for example, where is your listing? do you have a lot of competition? are you price competitive with comparable listings? do you have high quality photos and a comprehensive description? what sort of reviews have you had to date.

If you want us to look at your listing, do feel free to post here.

I donā€™t put ANY stock into the AirBnB stats. No such thing as apples to apples. Our Booking Rate is only .8%-1% on average, but we are 90% booked and are killing it with 8 properties every month. I couldnā€™t care less. Iā€™m in a super competitive market in downtown Phoenix, and people are going to shop around. donā€™t stress over stats. Totally over-rated.

1 Like