How (exactly) is the star rating calculated?

Will yet you know , appreciate the help.
Thanks

I just got another verification that 4.725 is the magic number so youā€™re not too far off. When I wrote this tool I needed 60 5-star reviews and my listing just switched from 4.5 stars to 5 stars. I was able to get almost 100% 5-star reviews by using superhosttools.com
and automating my messages and reviews.

Do you happen to know the magic rounding number from 4.7 to 4.8 to qualify for Superhost? Iā€™ve been a superhost for years but recently got two, 2 star reviews for things out of my control. Iā€™m hoping I donā€™t lose status July 1st and trying to figure out how many people I need to get in to review me between now and then.

My understanding, and happy to be corrected, is 10 5 stars to balance one missing star.

I think itā€™s 16.

Hereā€™s the math. For every 1 missing star you need 4, 5 star reviews. In other words, if you get a 3 star review, thatā€™s 2 missing stars so you need 8, 5 star reviews.

There is one thing I havenā€™t tested, i think, if your listing has 5 stars, I think you need to fall below 4.5 before your reviews show as 4.5.

I have 846 reviews and was interested to see if there is a correlation between higher prices and lower reviews. Put differently, if a guest pays a low price, is he or she likely to be more forgiving, or if a guest pays a high price, is he or she likely to be more demanding?

Indeed, I found that my reviews with five stars have an average nightly price of $50, and those with four stars (or fewer) have an average of $53.

Anyways, tangential to SuperHostTools, I downloaded my reviews using a screen scraper that I wrote using webscraper.io. The raw data are a bit messy, but with thirty minutes of work in Excel I was able to make the required pivot tables.

My average price has gone up over the last two months from about $42 a night to $46 a night and my reviews have not gone down. Surely there are other variables like time of year when the data is collected. I would think during season travel would result in more ā€œentitledā€ guest behavior than the intrepid off season guest or non-discretionary traveler, as one possible example.

Iā€™m currently at 4.763 and itā€™s still showing I donā€™t qualify for the ā€œnewā€ superhost. I gave each star a point then divided by the total number of reviews in the last year so I have 462 points and 97 reviews. Even if I book the last two nights of the month I have open and outstanding reviews give me five stars I donā€™t see a way to rise higher than 4.77 so Iā€™m wondering if they will round. One room has 297 points and 63 reviews and is still showing as 4.5 stars on my listing page.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/22775602?s=67&unique_share_id=fe53b2de-8bf6-42e4-b934-f585d74b3ffb

Tom woule be grate ful if you could tell me also as i just got a shocking untrue review