How do you carry your linen in and out?

Those of you who do your laundry offsite, what do you use to carry dirty linen out, and clean linen in? I’m opening a whole house high end BnB -
4 sets of bedding, bathroom towels plus beach towels, kitchen, so plenty of weight to lug up and down stairs, and I’m certainly not wrapping my arms around a pile of dirty sheets to carry them around :face_with_peeking_eye: Advice please?

Plastic crate- I wash at home and seperate and match into sets and back in the crate for next time

3 Likes

I use two canvas round laundry hampers with handles to carry out dirty linens and towels. I purchased them on Amazon. They’re great because I can toss them into the washer, as needed. In between, I spray the inside with Lysol.

To carry in clean sheets and towels I use plastic bins with lids. I like them because I can stack them in the back seat.

3 Likes

We have tested the cost-effectiveness of having our linens washed professionally.

The vendor, Happy Nest, provides a complimentary vinyl bag to leave out for pick-up/dropoff, which is now ours.

We have two sets of washers/dryers and have decided it more cost effective for our cleaner to continue to wash/dry the linens ourselves.

But if we decided to ourselves wash/dry the linens off site, it would be a simple thing to use a vinyl bag or plastic hamper to carry the linens.

1 Like

@Ingeborg – there are plenty of inexpensive plastic or wicker laundry hampers and baskets out there.

Or if you like to sew, take 20 minutes to make a large “Santa sack” with a heavy drawstring. Use a cheap King size cotton sheet folded in half…

2 Likes

We use the pillowcases to carry the linens out. The laundry wraps them in a plastic kitchen trash bag, so that’s how we carry them in.

2 Likes

We use canvas laundry bags. They’re all either white or off-white in color so they can be thrown in and washed with the load they are carrying.

2 Likes

My place is a self-contained apartment with washer/dryer in the bathroom. What I do is wash the linen (1 queen, 2 single beds, pillow cases and towels) in the apartment and then take them away to a laundromat to be dried, I don’t want to dry them in the apartment since there is no adequte venting for the drier.

This takes two loads during which time we have prepped the place for the next guest. I carry the laundry in a suitcase with wheels as it is qjuite heavy when wet and thankfully lighter when I complete the drying.

2 Likes

Those big blue IKEA bags. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We have a collapsible laundry basket for each unit. We have a carabiner attached to each for their individual keys.

Each unit has a washer/dryer, so we do some laundry onsite. Anything that is larger or that we don’t have time to do while cleaning, we bring home and do it there.

I had purchased collapsible baskets thinking that in-between times of cleaning the units, I would collapse them and store them out of the way, but…I always need to keep them out because I load the basket with other items that I need to bring to the unit and if I haven’t returned the washed quilt, sheets, towels, etc. to the unit prior to the guest’s arrival, then I’ve got those stored in the basket as well.

1 Like

I found a heave duty plastic laundry hamper with wheels. Makes it very easy to move the dirty laundry. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074TD3988/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of physical work.

1 Like

You can even get the large blue Ikea bag with a zipper. It’s a little more expensive, but it allows you to protect the laundry. Maybe a zipped one for clean and the standard open one for dirty? Also I’m not sure if I can include a link but I love this Target backpack laundry bag. Believe me, it’s much bigger than it looks although if you have sheets that are prone to wrinkles, it might not be the best. I sometimes clean the cabin myself when I’m going to spend a night or two in between guests and this backpack is a life (and back!) saver.

2 Likes

Not really. The hardest part is lifting the suitcase full of wet laundry into the back of my SUV and then taking it out at the laundromat. It’s no heavier than a piece of checked baggage. And once the clothes are dry, the suitcase is much lighter of course.

1 Like