Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

How do I make longer bookings for when I'm away?

My husband and I are going overseas a a couple of times and the apartment we let out to Airbnbers will be empty.This is because I won’t be there to clean etc. I don’t want someone to come in and clean/wash for me.
Is there anyway I can request longer bookings for the period I away? Not possible I’m thinking.

Yes – go to your calendar, go to “Availability Settings”, scroll down to “minimum - maximum stay” and you should see a place to put in special requirements for certain dates. I just did this yesterday for graduation week (minimum 6 days). Hope that helps. I haven’t a clue on how to do screen shots so if you can’t find it, ask again.

1 Like

Thank you!! I’ll have a look at that.

Thank you, I did it!!

1 Like

I love the way it’s so much quicker to get an answer to a question here than trying to contact airbnb!

4 Likes

I’ve also got a separate listing made up for such occasions. I normally just rent out a private bedroom/bath, so I’ve got a whole house listing, which I keep blocked off or unlisted until I know the dates that I will be away, and then I open it up, with a minimum night stay of whatever I need.

I totally agree! I’ve received two very different and great answers!! Fantastic!!

Thank you, I love this suggestion as well. L

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!