Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

How do I ask without being rude, how young the child is?

I have guest from Brazil who has just booked for three nights. She’s a new user, and didnt send me a message,with info like who she is travelling with, arrival time etc etc.
So I messaged her to enquire. She responded by saying she would be coming with her son. Now i’m worried her son will be a young child. I make it clear in my listing rules that I dont accept children (Due to a bad experience before).
How do I ask without being rude, how young the child is?
Thanks in advance.

Literally just say, “may I ask how old your son is”? Just weave it into the conversation.

3 Likes

You can also ask for the number and ages of guests when the inquiry comes in.

He’s 22…phew…it’s just the lady looked so young, hard to believe shes a 22 yr old lol…anyway all good…Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Had to read that 3x to realize the word ‘has’ was missing. At first I thought they were both 22 years old. :smiley:

1 Like

Lol!!! I’m rushing around like a headless chicken (Host) these days, now I cant even write! :sweat_smile:

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!