"How did your stay compare to your expectations?" - New Review Flow (Warning; SPIDERS)

Edited thread title as requested :spider:

4 Likes

Bahahahaha, good one. Yeah we go off topic here.

OMGā€¦I can not unsee this!

Thank you for sharing! I had my first review of this type last week and was a little confused! My guests were in their 70ā€™s and got lost on their way inā€¦ even with a GPS. I always include written directions in my check-in info in case someone doesnā€™t have GPS or itā€™s not up to date. Iā€™ve never had anyone get lost coming to our place, so when all he commented on my review was ā€œgood luck with your GPS!ā€ I was a little disappointedā€¦ nothing about the place or the view, etc.

And then the ā€œaccurate listingā€ ratingā€¦ he said my wifi was not reflected accurately. What??? Now Iā€™m very confused. My wifi info is listed on airbnb AND itā€™s posted on the side of the router. He never contacted me about any issues.

It appears that all of the new extra feedback questioned are privateā€¦ is that correct?

2 things that struck me " Report unsafe behaviour" I could see this getting used in order to get refunds

The cleanliness question, it lists room, WC, mould etc but also mentions Kitchen, what if the kitchen is not listed for guest use, guests will now feel they should comment on it even though they made not be allowed access, which relates to the post in the last few weeks about cleanliness in the whole property even though guest may just rent a room.

OMG as for the spiders, they are monsters, if we found a spider that size it would make national news. I had guests from oz who were delighted to sit on the loo without checking if something is hiding or walking in grass without worrying something will come up to you. I am not religious, but thank heavens for St. Patrick that fella got rid of all our snakes and spiders and to this day we still donā€™t have any ( it has nothing to do with the unfavourable climate or snakes not be able to ever reach Ireland ) lets just keep it as a bank holiday, we all get off from work and school

@cassid, the no-spider thing makes me very happy, as Iā€™m currently applying for an Irish passport!

Daddy long legs are our biggestdaddy long

A bit of a rush on Irish passports at the minute, best of luck

1 Like

@Carrie529 I empathize with you on the GPS part of the review. I send each guest mapquest directions including a custom directions from the gate to the unit because GPS isnā€™t always accurate on private roads. I explain to the guest in 3 separate communications to use the custom directions. I still get feedback that they had trouble finding the unit because their GPS didnā€™t work in the neighborhood.

My spider story: There are trees and bushes surrounding my back of my building. A writing spider (large colorful, low toxicity venom, mild mannered) built a web outside against the building and in bushes (not an area that you walk through). A guestā€™s review included comments the the huge spider OUTSIDE scared her daughter. Thank goodness she did not see a palmetto bug, rattlesnake or alligator while she was visiting. Plus Iā€™m glad a tiny incredibly loud tree frog didnā€™t decide to start singing for a mate outside her window.

Is it a coqui? Where are you? My area is clear of them but they seem to be slowly encroaching, Iā€™ll go out and hunt them at night rather than have them make a shrieking racket.

1 Like

@konacoconutz

Green tree frog
Coqui

I think the green tree frog is the Coguiā€™s slightly larger cousin. One moved into a friendā€™s backyard fountain. An Egret visited the tiny pond and snacked on the koi. We think it nabbed the tree frog too. Happy Day about the frog. Sad about the koi. You could hear the frog ā€œqueenk, queenk, queenkā€ in the house with the windows closed, & TV on. I had to sleep with earplugs.

Iā€™m in coastal South Carolina USA.

1 Like

I just stayed at an airbnb in Taipei. When I reviewed the listing I got this new part in the review flow (second step, just after overall stars) - may only show up if you give five stars.

4 Likes

This is helpful, thank-you for posting this @hypertokyo!

I wonder if Airbnb is going to be wanting us to pay the guests next!

The layout of ā€œoutstanding hospitalityā€ will haunt me. Who designed this thing?

2 Likes

Were you able to select more than one option? When selected, were you prompted to elaborate further? Thanks for sharing!

No, for this question you were only able to select one answer. No additional prompts were provided.

1 Like

Bummerā€”thanks for letting me know. I kinda liked these prompts. Too bad you are locked down to one.