How can I override the min two nights Fri/Sat for one occassion

Hello. New Airbnb host here. Got out first booking within 2 hours of listing. Woohoo! It was for a Thursday and Friday night. This leaves Saturday vacant. I have the Friday/Saturday 2 night minimum turned on. Is it possible to make this Saturday night only available for just the one night without turning off the other requirements?

Looking forward to your support.

Peter

You’ll have to set this on No Minimum. If you aren’t on IB, you can simply turn down any reservations that don’t suit you.

Thanks konacocnutz
I am pretty new here. Please, what is IB?

Instant Book… If you are very new, I wouldn’t use it until you get used to the ebb and flow of the guest experience. :slight_smile:
(In fact, I wouldn’t recommend it at all, although other hosts here love it.)

Thanks again.

No I don’t have IB turned on and wouldn’t do so. Too many potential problems.

I was hoping a new rule (requirement) in the calendar settings may over ride previous ones. Ie, I will give you an example.

I have min 2 nights for weekends. (Friday Saturday). This is one of the default calendar settings you can choose.

Lets say that in 3 weeks from now, a guest books for a Thursday and Friday night. They have satisfied the min two night requirements which include a Friday or Saturday night. However, I now have a Saturday night free which should be easy to book out. If anyone wants to book that night though, the min 2 nights requirement kicks in because it includes the Saturday night. I was hoping to make this Saturday night available for just the one night for that specific date. If I turn off the min 2 night requirements for Friday/Saturdays to allow for the single night booking, it may mean that other weekends not already booked will be available for just one night rather than the specific date I wanted to make a single night available.

Hope this clears up my explanation. I am sure that others would have encountered this situation.

Regards, Peter

Oh I see what you mean. All of that is getting a bit complicated. I don’t have minimums like that and don’t charge any extra for weekends. Most people come to Hawaii on multi-day holidays so charging more for weekends doesn’t sit right with me.

I don’t have ANY minimum… When you have a minimum it will block them from even seeing it and enquiring. If someone tries to book one night though, I steer them off. It’s just not a good value. By the time they have paid security, cleaning, fees, tax for one night, they could have booked the 4 Seasons. I send them to the local motel unless they are desperate and REALLY want one night. :slight_smile:

Hello again Konacoconutz

Thanks so much for your help. I understand fully what you mean. For our market, we get a lot of locals who come to the coast on the weekends thus the minimum two nights. After considering your input though, we have changed it to a 1 night and hope to encourage a second night. Actually, one night wouldn’t be sufficient time to enjoy the place anyway.

For your information, this is the link to our Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/9282360?checkin=19-02-2016&checkout=21-02-2016&guests=2&s=exFyo-WU

Would love to see what you offer as well if that is okay. Please forward me the link to yours.

Regards, Peter

1 Like

Hello to Nellingen from Bellingen

here is one of our places:

Shanghai

Peter I will PM. Best to observe anonymonity here. :slight_smile: