Hours of Availavility?

Are you available 24/7 for your guests or do you have offline/rest hours?

I leave a business card in the rental with my phone number that says that I’m available seven days a week, between 10am and 7pm.

I tell guests that they can contact me outside these hours if absolutely essential.

1 Like

I tell them to text anytime with concerns or questions. Luckily most of my guests are self sufficient and I generally don’t have interaction with them after I meet and greet.

That said, my guests from Chile texted in a panic one night after seeing a palmetto bug (giant flying cockroach common to the tropics) climbing up their wall. These sweet guests were truly afraid. I had to go down for a rescue but don’t mind.

Could have been worse. Could have been one of our lovely poisonous centipedes.

At least no gators in Hawaii.

1 Like

I’ve not declared “official” availability hours. Is that a good idea?

24/7 but I live here. I’ve had messages in the middle of the night, early morning, booking requests at 2 am that I accept. Most of the guests don’t actually bother me for anything after hours. It’s messages coming through on the app at odd hours. Doesn’t matter to me since I don’t have to get up and go to work.

I’m available only if I’m awake, no ones going to wake me up… haha

1 Like

Same here. :slight_smile: I actually turn of my phone for the night. No one can bother me during my sleep hours, except they would knock on my door. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I had to institute business hours and kitchen hours when I started getting horrible sleep deprivation due to the many guests wanting to check in after 10 pm, call me up til midnight, and cook (i.e. slam cabinet doors, bang pots and pans, laugh and talk loudly) at all hours in the kitchen, which is right outside my bedroom door. Nobody has objected to the new restrictions, and I’m no longer sleep deprived, so yay.

3 Likes

Yup if you don’t lay down the law, they will run amok.

1 Like