Hourly Bookings

I won’t alter the rate if someone wants to stay for only a few hours but if they pay the full rate for one night I just don’t care what they do in there as long as they are quiet and make no mess :slight_smile:

I know that the obvious conclusion is that they need the place for sex purposes but there are plenty of discreet motels around that rent places by the hour. So I’d be charitable and ‘assume’ that the guest needed a place to shower and nap during a flight layover :wink:

2 Likes

You might if word got around that your place was a cheap option to conduct business and then several people a night started using it for…

Exactly. Did they specify what they wanted to do in your space for TWO Hours (or ten minutes, whatever it takes)?

Not to be a prude, but I would not be comfortable with that unless it was truly just for some respite. I don’t care so much (well maybe a little) what they would be using the “facilities” for, but would be wary of the comings and goings of, eh hem, these folks. Big cul de sac, one way in, one way out. People notice everything. Don’t need to draw the attention of my neighbors, but that’s just my situation.

2 Likes

[quote=“RiverRockRetreat, post:7, topic:23950”]
but I would not turn them down just because I thought they were using my place for sex.
[/quote

Sure it’s $1500 per hour and no business or illegal activity on premises, only registered guests with photo ID. My husbands a police detective and he had the day off you’re looking to book so he can check you in himself. Please proceed to book if you’re happy with the offer :man_genie:

3 Likes

I did. I think he’s since been removed by Airbnb. We get a couple scam inquiries a year.

1 Like

That’s why we don’t rent to locals. There is a thriving prostitution economy and an opioid crisis in our community, so we avoid locals

If he had at least said that, I might have been OK with it, but no hourly rate. We live in the house, too, so knowing people just want to shag there is uncomfortable, but we know we have guests who have sex in house. We even had separate guests strike a romance while staying with us. (They reconnected someplace else, though.)

1 Like

Agree with you KenH. Had and enquiry once form a guy with his girlfriend wanting to book for one night - arrive late on a Sunday night and leave early on the Monday morning. I denied. No whorehouse is going to be run here!

Thats a legit booking, easy on you likely they don’t even use the kitchen.

RR

I have one tonight. Just checked in an hour ago and leave tomorrow. A bit of a nuisance but I’m hoping that everything will be fine when they’ve left :slight_smile:

It’s a whole apartment and being in the tiny island of Grenada - nah - that ain’t legit!